British motor museum video from yesterday

Started by northerndefender, May 16, 2017, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northerndefender

Trevor

Nice video walkthough, some cool old LR's there. Odd that they have no Camel Trophy reference in the museum...or perhaps they do, it just wasn't shown?

He sure is correct on it being somewhat sad when looking at those vehicles, since the brand no longer has any concept of "Land" in the Land Rover name. They build good vehicles now, but they are going a different path from what they once were.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Last time I was there the Darien Gap Rangie wasn't on a plynth. It's also my favourite. They let me crawl underneath it for a closer look. I must have spent two hours fawning over that ultimate Range Rover. You get a rare sense that you are standing next to history.

Modern Land Rover still occasionally showpiece an expedition type publicity stunt (such as the Birmingham to Beijing trip) but they are not in the same league as the ultra tough Camel Trophy and Darien Gap type stuff they were doing in their hay day.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.