winch bumper specifics, 90 FFR

Started by ugly_90, June 15, 2015, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I'm certainly getting close to the wire to upcoming trips. Planning purchase of a new winch bumper for my 90, and the new bumper has to fit my stock 90 FFR with oil cooler.

My main choice so far is the Terrafirma TF002ACS from 'Lucky 8' in Montana. I don't want to get too heavy a bumper, nor too heavy/expensive a winch either. Something like a Superwinch or Kingone for this trip, it is a small truck with a small engine too. The budget needs to be kept reasonable due to multiple landy projects on the go at this time.

Would I be able to fit a bumper like that and an associated winch without the need for modifying the existing suspension, or making the truck too front-heavy?

B-Red

The shipping weight listed at 27 kg. king one winch would be around 10 kg. so you are looking around 37 kg add on or 80lb. I don't think this will affect your suspension. The ARB type is the heavy one usually.

binch

Winch and bumper won't affect the suspension enough, especially on a military springs.    Have you had a look around the club to see if anyone is selling a winch bumper?   There might be one or two available somewhere.   Lots of light bumpers available that's for sure.

That bumper you want is available in the uk for 180 quid so you certainly have options available to you...

Cheers, Bill