steering wheel upside down?

Started by TonyC, May 27, 2015, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyC

Just bought my new disco.....previous own had replaced the steering box. And the steering wheel is upside down now.

What's the easiest way to correct this?
Still in perfect alighnment....does not pull in any direction .

Red90

There are a few ways to fix the misaligned steering wheel.  You can just pull the wheel off and spin it around.  You can disconnect the steering shaft and spin it there.  Or can adjust the drag link if enough adjustment exists.

But....I would first check that everything else is correct, because owners do the strangest things.  It is important that the steering box is close to the middle of its total travel, for a couple of reasons and it is worth checking, IMO, before you re-set the steering wheel position.  Do you have a factory manual?  If not, it is online somewhere and it is worth reading the section on setting up the alignment and steering box.  If you can't find a copy, let me know and I can upload a version.

Matt H

If the steering box was recently replaced I would suspect the steering shaft at the pinch bolt-steering gear is just 180* out but I would follow John's advice and be sure that everything else is within spec first.

If the previous owner was ok with a upside down steering wheel who knows what else is out of whack?

http://www.landroverresource.com

That's a link to one of the on line free manuals for Land Rovers.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.