Fuel tank defender 130 .

Started by Darkdevo, February 21, 2017, 03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdevo

Hey guys I'm looking for a tank for my 130 mines leaking around seam. And I don't want to use some sort of liner stuff or something of that sort as I want to not worry about it. Also anyone with a sending unit like this would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

binch

you can try calling Ivor Wilde in Sundre Alberta.   He might have something kicking around his place.   Or you can call Dave Lovelock and see if he can source one from the bone yard, but that will still be used.    Or we can bring one of each in for you from the far side of the pond.

or....from what I understand you are pretty handy with the welding equipment ::)
Cheers, Bill

Darkdevo

Ya I've talked to Dave but I'm kinda waiting to get it back on road. I may be just ordering from UK.  Will see

Darkdevo

I was thinking about building a tank but I think tank building is kinda a art. But how quick could you get one from UK?
I was trying to find a part number for a tank I couldn't on bearmark or britpart. 

Red90

WFE000190  (Originally NTC2017) Same tank is used on 110s, 130 and Range Rover Classics.

headdamage

I think I have one back on Calgary but I'm in Yellowknife for the next few months.

Darkdevo

Quote from: headdamage on February 22, 2017, 11:14 AM
I think I have one back on Calgary but I'm in Yellowknife for the next few months.
Used or newish

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

headdamage

Used from a 1980's military 110.

ugly_90

Camo388 had a spare or two from the Wainwright scrap metals yard, and there is still a few failed ones there. I think at least one was an organ donor, rusted out at the bottom skid plate? You may be able to cut, weld, and part one together yourself while you await a new replacement from the UK. I wouldn't bother building a new one from scratch, it is probably not worth your time. Perhaps you could ask him nicely and meet at the upcoming club meeting. I didn't collect any surplus tanks.

Darkdevo

Ya I might just buy new . Thanks tho

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

camo388

Quote from: ugly_90 on February 22, 2017, 06:58 PM
Camo388 had a spare or two from the Wainwright scrap metals yard,

I have one spare tank but don't know how good it is.  I do know there is no sending unit with it.
I'll have a look for it tomorrow.  I think I know under which snow bank it should be. ::)

Darkdevo

Sounds great thanks for even looking.

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

binch

Cheers, Bill

camo388

Quote from: Darkdevo on February 22, 2017, 10:42 PM
Sounds great thanks for even looking.

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

Well I found the spare tank and sadly it does not hold water.  :'( :'( 
The skid plate is separated from the tank so this has allowed dirt to collect between plate and tank, and wet dirt promotes rust and eats holes in the tank.
There was only epoxy cement to create waterproof seal between skid plate and tank.  In my opinion as a welder, not the best way to go.   

Darkdevo

I got one coming thanks for everyone looking.

sent from darkdevo/Bill.