three series wrecks.. motivated seller..

Started by ugly_90, April 12, 2017, 09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Man, those look interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambler

That they do,  I dropped the owner a line but no response.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Red90

More info on Roverlanders forum.  The guy lives on the island but the trucks are somewhere else and sounds like you will need to convince the guy that you are the right person to get them.

Quote from: ANDYDTo follow on from Matt's email above, here is an email that came into the club inbox from the seller. Contact the seller directly if interested.

Hi Rover-Landers,

I don't know if your club discusses things about rescuing old Land Rovers but I have three of them on my property that will be available this coming summer. As of yet, I won't be out there to deal with but at least thought I'd start with an ad to get the ball rolling. I've got plenty of emails coming in but am just going to wait a bit until I have a wack to answer all at once. I thought your club might be interested. I'd prefer to deal with one person who could deal with everything, and most important, be a keener to have for a project.

They are between Calgary and Vancouver.
I'm in Cobble Hill.
-Gord.
Contact - odonatas@uvic.ca
http://www.usedcalgary.com/classified-ad/Three-Old-Series-II-Land-Rovers_29195389

binch

That capstan winch would be worth saving :'(
Cheers, Bill

RossM

If that capstan winch were rescued, can parts still be found to rebuild it?

Rambler

Check out eBay, a guy in Germany remanufactures all of the drive components for these.  Not cheap mind you  :'(
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Gardenome

The "scrap" comment in the ad unnerves me.

Trevor

Quote from: Red90 on April 13, 2017, 08:06 AM
More info on Roverlanders forum.  The guy lives on the island but the trucks are somewhere else and sounds like you will need to convince the guy that you are the right person to get them.

Hehe, only Land Rover owners could make sense of that...

LR aficionado -- "Hi, I'm selling several old old Land Rover Series II's, are you interested?"

Buyer -- "Oh? Cool, sure, I might be. Can you give me some info on them?"

LR aficionado -- "Sure, here's some pictures. However, I have to ask you some questions before I will let you buy them to insure you are worthy of owning such magnificent examples of engineering and workmanship"

Buyer  -- <looks through pictures> "Uhm, they're rusted old pieces of junk...f*&k off"
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

camo388

Quote from: RossM on April 13, 2017, 09:36 AM

There is a guy in England that collects and refurbishes all makes of LR winches, drum and capstan.  If memory serves me, he does free wheeling hubs as well.  He is on ebay.uk but just at this moment can't recall his name.
This evening I can do some searching and give you his name.

Bruce

Trevor

Quote from: Red90 on April 13, 2017, 12:53 PM
The Ladas look to be in better condition.  http://www.usedvictoria.com/ReportSelectUsedAdPhoto2?used_ad_id=29195464&position=1&hb=1

Oooh, Ladas!!

We need to tell Notley! Our Dear Leader would be most enthralled with such fine examples of state-run craftsmanship.

This might even be the new industry she has been looking to introduce into Alberta....state owned, Alberta based, Lada factories, freeing the proletariat from under the thumb of their bourgeoisie oppressors!

I can see it now, a true workers paradise. Life is better with Ladas!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

camo388

Quote from: camo388 on April 13, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote from: RossM on April 13, 2017, 09:36 AM

There is a guy in England that collects and refurbishes all makes of LR winches, drum and capstan.  If memory serves me, he does free wheeling hubs as well.  He is on ebay.uk but just at this moment can't recall his name.
This evening I can do some searching and give you his name.

Bruce
The fellows name is Rob Maude.  email address is lroptionalequipment@gmail.com   He is also on Facebook,  www.facebook.com/lroptionalequipment
Last year he wrote me to say his web site was hacked and was in the process of rebuilding it.  Until then you could follow his rebuilds on facebook.  Once a unit is finished he sells them on eBay.  When I last looked he had some parts and gaskets on eBay.  I was looking for the long pin that secures the capstan to the drive shaft.  It is fairly long and an odd diameter but Rob says he just drills the holes to 9/16" and makes a pin by cutting the head and threads off a grade 8 bolt.

B-Red

LADAS. That brings back old memories. Ever see one running around St Albert in the early 80s with seven young immigrants ;-). Yep. That was my cousins and I.
Good to start with a screw driver in the ignition. The seats were removable so size did not matter for the driver weight. Best yet, it was small enough for my cousins to ride on the side walk while he was weilding his big Sub knife. He was chasing a customer who insulted him very badly at 1 am. Needless to say, the RCMP just happen to be patrolling by. Impressed with the LADA, he gave my cousins a warning and took the nasty customer to the station.
Yes, a LADA factory will be an excellent industry for our climate change supporters and tree huggers. Lol

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on April 14, 2017, 07:39 AM
LADAS. Best yet, it was small enough for my cousins to ride on the side walk while he was weilding his big Sub knife. He was chasing a customer who insulted him very badly at 1 am.

Wow...
No Road Except For Land-Rover.