Hello from Edmonton (Wolf 90)

Started by Blake, April 29, 2015, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Hey guys,

Just joined here after being introduced to this forum from another member that bought my former G90 tires.  Anyways, I'm a new owner, just bought a 1997 Wolf 90 from the Suffield government auctions back in January.

All in all it didn't take much to get it going, pair of new batteries, new drop arm, track link, oil cooler lines, timing belt (tensioner, idler, etc), rewiring of the military light switch which was snipped off, and a bunch of other things I'm forgetting.  Oh and lots of cleaning.

Hope to get to know all the locals here, Cheers.

Matt H

Welcome, I look forward to meeting you at future events.

Nice Defender.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Welcome! Great to see another LR owner in town. We gather at the Sideliner Pub the first Wednesday of every month for pints and chats about all things Land Rover. Drop by and say "hi" if you get the chance!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

yup Sideliner Pub on 127st just south of 111Ave 630pm to 9ish.    Look fowward to seeing you wolf there ;D
Cheers, Bill

Blake

Any area of the pub to look for, or are you guys the only ones there?  :P

3Rovers

Pretty hard to miss us, we usually take over at least 1/2 the place.
Is that yours I have seen a few mornings about 7 going south on groat road?
Nice truck!

Blake

binch

Yup, I think I see you on occasion by the le Marchant Mansion at 116st and 100ave.   I'm heading north from there about 650am in either the RRC or Disco 11 and you are heading down into the valley.   

Do you have a sneaking suspicion you are being watched ahahhahahahahhahah
Cheers, Bill

RossM

Appears to be the same truck currently for sale in Edmonton.
http://tinyurl.com/kpkxrku

$32,000.00??? Bahahaha!

Trevor

Holy crap, that's a rather hopeful asking price
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

That's it...mine is forsale for $85000!!!!!!  And unlike LR Edmonton I'll throw in the floor mats!!! ;D
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

LR Calgary has a 97 4 dr for sale for $65k. Nice looking too.
But, my Tigger ....it's priceless

Matt H

Appears Defender vendors are milking the last few years of a restricted market before the New Defender hits showroom floor. Doesn't matter how good or bad the new unit is it's bound to take some sales and interest away from the older Defenders for a while. 
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

Quote from: Matt H on May 20, 2015, 12:49 PM
Appears Defender vendors are milking the last few years of a restricted market before the New Defender hits showroom floor. Doesn't matter how good or bad the new unit is it's bound to take some sales and interest away from the older Defenders for a while.

I seriously doubt that people are paying these asking prices.  If they are, they are not doing research.  People can have any asking price they want.  That has nothing to do with sale prices.

I'm seeing good 4 doors, TDI, 110s sell around $20000 and some less locally.  TDI 90s more like $15000.  IMO, a good condition wolf 90 or 110 should be around the $15000 area.

Blake

It's summer and I'm bored. You know what they say about everything is for sale for the right price. I'm not exactly what you would call a motivated seller.