AMAZON CA ROOF TOP TENT

Started by roverwanabe, March 17, 2017, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

I've seen stuff like this before, a few months ago I ordered a Dewalt cordless tool on Amazon.ca that was selling for an unbelievable price ($40 instead of $150). It simply never shipped and I was never billed.

That said, I'm game. I've ordered one. I'll report back on the outcome.

Red90

Quote from: SpeedyJ on March 17, 2017, 09:43 PM
That said, I'm game. I've ordered one. I'll report back on the outcome.

Looks like all of the products from the seller have disappeared from Amazon.  What is happening with the order?

SpeedyJ

I received a shipment notice, but I'm obviously not optimistic.

Rambler

I have been tracking this site for a bit and yesterday the prices for shipping and cost rose a bit, there are still some of the 2 people roof tops tents up for sale, but about 90 cdn$ now.  I hope it works out in a good way for you.  :-\
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

roverwanabe

Ah well, the way things are looking I may not be driving anytime soon.  Had a nice ride in the ambulance Saturday night to the royal alex.  Something strange with heart they think..Could turn the Land Rover into an ambulance I suppose.

Red90

Quote from: Rambler on March 20, 2017, 11:11 PM
I have been tracking this site for a bit and yesterday the prices for shipping and cost rose a bit, there are still some of the 2 people roof tops tents up for sale, but about 90 cdn$ now.  I hope it works out in a good way for you.  :-\

It is a different seller now.  It will be another fake account.  The first seller was "Pinache Products" from New York.
https://www.amazon.ca/s?marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2&me=A291ZK4F750817&merchant=A291ZK4F750817&redirect=true

The new one is "martajakov" from Ohio.  All the same products.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_new_seller_1?ie=UTF8&asin=B01N7MEYE5&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A14P96E8KPKJUQ

It will all be the same guy setting up fake accounts.  Did you notice the tent is listed under socket sets?  They just set up these accounts and hope to get money from Amazon before they are caught.

Red90

Matt H

I suppose the old adage rings true.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

SpeedyJ

Oops, I nearly forgot to update this. The tracking number never became active (I waited about a week), so I made a quick call to Amazon. I received a full refund three days later.

I'll also explain why I took this risk - In the past I have gotten some strange deals from Amazon.ca, examples:

1. William 1/4 metric sockets (the good made in USA ones) normally ~ $125, purchased for $27
2. Doug Thorely stainless exhaust for my 100 Series Land Cruiser, normally ~$700-$900 for $325
3. RC Truck for my kid, normally ~ $500-$600 for $300

These are all items that are rarely discounted, which made the deals all the more sweet.

I know that not all club members approve of Amazon, but for those of us that can stomach it, a useful tool is Keepa. It allows you to look at the price history of a specific product to see if it has been substantially more or less expensive in the past. You can also set alerts on products if they happen to drop below a certain price. I used this to track the price on a 20v Dewalt impact driver that usually sells for ~$150, I was able to get it delivered, in my hands for $99cad. Not a bad deal if you're like me and trying to stretch the budget as far as it will go.

Cheers

Jeff