ALRE is being probed

Started by binch, April 07, 2015, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Got an email from Dave Menard today from Warner Bros, stating that they are approaching ATV, off-road and land rover enthusiast groups across the country for a Mad Max Fury Road release in May.   A couple of their questions were pointed at a the Calgary guys.      Not sure what they have on their minds.....
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Cool. I just saw Fast and the Furious on Friday. Mad Max participation will be awsome.

binch

I'm still trying to figure out what land rovers have in common with Mad Max ???
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

My shop usually looks like a Mad Max film set. Bits and pieces of various Land Rovers all over the place. All I need is some questionable leather outfits and a saw off shotgun and I'd be good to go!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Well, I would be willing to chop the roof off the G4 and mount a 50-cal in the back if that helps. It'll end up as a buggy at some point anyway, so might as well start down the right path and make it a well armed buggy!  ;D
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

What are they looking for?  There is a group of guys here that are restoring their trucks to proper military spec.  I know Gish built the proper gun mount in his.  One step ahead of Trevor.

binch

Dave M. is handling the coms with them so we'll see what they say/want.   Maybe they want a bunch of 54 monsters there with roof racks and sky beam headlights.    Kinda like the big N/A trucks with the bling that's never seen mud ;D
Cheers, Bill

Rosco

Seems like they are contacting all sorts of 4 wheel clubs, another forum I am on has been asked as well,

Red90

My neighbour has a POS truck that would fit right in.

Gish

Hey anything ever happen with this?  What were they looking for?

binch

Not heard anything else from them.   I have a feeling they just wanted to get a bunch of mad max trucks to show up at their movie opening.

Saw a white diesel pick up today with duellies on the back and a 12" lift kit.   At first I thought it was a freightliner behind be until I pulled away and was able to fit the upper part of the truck in my mirror.   Grill badge was "Fuel".    Must have had 3k in tires on that thing and it was so "pretty"!
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Can't wait for "Rig Rocket" fad to be done. History will remember these along side the super vans of the 70's and the triple shocks with pink dust boots and double chrome roll hoops of the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Oh....I don't know if this fad is going to end :-\
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Take a late model 1 ton truck. Lift it 12" and put blacked out 22" rims with mud terrain tyres you could have fitted at stock height.
Mess with the fuelling so everytime you hit the skinny pedal you generate enough black smoke to blot out the sun.
Make the exhaust as noisy as you can.
Spend $2500 on LED light bars and twice that on a new stereo system.
Don't forget the obligatory Monster Energy/Metal Mulisha stickers
Drive like total moron. Wear flat billed ball caps and white sunglasses. Get loads of stupid tattoos that don't mean anything.  Buy anyT-shirt with a skull on it.

I've just described 85% of all the pickups and their owners in Med Hat.

I'd love to see one buried up to the doors in mud on the trail sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

The ball cap has to be pulled right down on the head too!   Or warn backwards with white rimmed sunglasses!

I think the only thing that has changed since the 70's is the orientation of the ball cap and the colour of the sunglasses ahahhahhahahahahahh
Cheers, Bill