Found an old 109 here in YK

Started by headdamage, June 08, 2016, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headdamage

Not sure what the story is but there are parts from at least two trucks in the back of this sad looking 109. There is a good liftgate, tailgate, and at least one alpine glass pane in there. The bulkhead looks good:

binch

what there for a body looks pretty tidy Andrew! ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

That does look very straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruzer

Looks like someone had good intentions, nice to pick up projects like such. You just go to feel sad when towing away shattering someone's dreams.

Matt H

:o that could be the only orginal Series Land Rover that doesn't have bashed in wings and quarters!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Quote from: Cruzer on June 08, 2016, 08:22 PM
Looks like someone had good intentions, nice to pick up projects like such. You just go to feel sad when towing away shattering someone's dreams.

Nothing to feel sad about there.....it's going to a better home where it will get loved again!!! ;)
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

I don't know what is going to happen to it, I haven't bought it or anything crazy yet.

camo388

From looking at your pictures there doesn't seem to be much missing and that may even be hiding in the back. 
Winch, free wheel hubs, and a heater.  What more could you ask for?  A windshield is for the faint of heart. ;D
I'd say you will have a good project to while away the sunless winter days and you could be ready to join us in next years All British meet.

headdamage

The windshield is in the back.

Matt H

That thing has "Take me home and love me" written all over it. Thank goodness it's way up in YK or I'd be arranging transportation already. I have all the bits needed to get it on the road from a dead 109" I found several years ago too.

Must....stop....buying.....old.....Land Rovers.

Matt H

On a side note. My dead 109" is the same blue (or was) with the same 6 window hard top and same hole in the right quarter for, I assume, an aux fuel tank. Similar age as well. I wonder if it was part of a fleet purchase? It came from North of Edmonton.

I'd be interested in the Ser#

SpeedyJ

headdamage

I could ask if it is for sale for you Matt ;)

headdamage

I'm waiting to hear back if it is for sale or not.

Matt H

http://youtu.be/B-8BaUbMESE

"I dare not take it. Not even to keep it safe"