The Bighorn

Started by Red90, November 23, 2018, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

Looks like they are turning a lot of the current PLUZs into parks and creating one massive PLUZ for the entire forestry north of Kananaskis up to Drayton Valley, called the "West Country Public Land Use Zone".  There are no "rules" yet planned for the PLUZ, but it gives them the tools to add rules at any time.

https://talkaep.alberta.ca/bighorn-country

Trevor

Beat me to it John!

As an aside, I did send an email into them regarding 4x4 use. They do not mention 4x4's anywhere that I can find in this package, although they do discuss OHV use for each new park or wildlife area.

I will post what I hear back. I suspect it will be like the other areas and 4x4 use will be banned outright, but we will see.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

For the large PLUZ they say no change to motorized access.  The other areas were already off limits.

Matt H

::) wonder if this will lead to yet more restrictions.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

pechanec

Kinda points that way.......

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

B-Red

I went through the website today. Hunting groups are submitting their feedback on this consultation process. You have till Jan 31, 2019 to submit your feedback. I would encourage everybody to make time to review and respond to this. Copy your response as well to Jason Nixon, opposition MLA for Sundre, AB. He has raised the concern on this process in the legislature this session. Let your voice be heard loud and clear.
Emad

B-Red

I came across this today on Facebook. Interesting comparison of how these things are planned and executed.
You cannot view this attachment.

B-Red

The face book group that is advocating to oppose the the current public land use process:

Trevor

That Y2Y group is quite well funded, and very nefarious. Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Group.

It's backed by quite a few US big money groups that have targeted Alberta industry directly. Their primary mandate is to shut industry down along this corridor, but they push that under the guise of restructuring usage areas. Hence why you see all the motorized restrictions, that's a requirement to keep industry out, and it screws us in the 4x4/OHV space as a happy secondary affect. In doing so they not only destroy industry (forestry, oil & gas, mining), but it also positions them to close the passes to pipelines, additional rail networks, etc.

They aren't registered as a lobby group in Alberta so Notley and her politburo couldn't bring them in as lobbyists, which is their common roll. To get around that her politburo has hired them a "consultants" at the department level. They have a nice shiney website, BIG funding, and they spin a lot of bogus science (much like the IPCC) that appeals to the sheeple.

They're doing an effective job though, and they are most certainly winning in their attempts to shut our industries down along this corridor and roll back motorized recreational activities. Hopefully we can kick the communists out of our provincial government in the spring and run the Y2Y folks out before its too late.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

Thank you Trevor for the reference. I checked them out and some of their research and publications. It does explain the massive changes that we are seeing in the parks regulations. The watershed protection strategy plays strongly in restricting the resource industry from expanding in these areas.
Love how the funding flows through the borders and how it affects our political process.

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on December 11, 2018, 05:55 AM

Love how the funding flows through the borders and how it affects our political process.

Yes, the old adage of "follow the money" has never been more true than today. The interests of nation states, corporations and special interest groups blur these days as money flows through organizations to empower the obtainment of objectives that are meant to destroy entire industries and economies. It's a form of covert war and Alberta has been on the forefront of the battle for some time based on our oil and gas economy.

It's pretty amazing when you sit back and look at the scope of the attacks. We see it from Maurice Strong and his Liberal cadre who, via his UN connections, formed the IPCC and initiated the Global Hoax. This ultimately culminating in the empowerment of governments to initiate trillions of dollars of UN sponsored taxation at the nation-state level, not to combat a pending climate catastrophe, but simply to do what governments do....tax. All for a fraud that is backed by 0 scientific evidence and a bunch of really crappy computer modelling.

From our southern neighbor we have special interests piggy-backing on the IPCC fraud, utilizing it to further their own corporate interests; the self-determination of the US oil and gas industry at the expense of Alberta's. The US is quickly becoming energy self-sufficient and Alberta is being blocked and corralled at every turn, in part via funding from these interests to block pipeline projects. Keystone XL is in limp mode, Trans Mountain is dead. Yet how many inter-state pipelines get torpedoed down in the US? There's a reason Enbridge and Tran Canada are effectively HQ'd out of the US now. These things are not coincidences. The investment capital that was once destined for Alberta is funneling south.

Don't get me wrong though, the Turd in Ottawa is a critical factor in this fight. Liberals have sought the destruction of Alberta's economy since oil was found in Leduc over half a century ago. We are first and foremost being sold out by Central Canada.

But that's the rub really. Canadians don't have our back. Nothing new, they never have. But oddly Albertan's are reluctant to fight back...REALLY fight back that is. They refuse to demand from their governments that they protect Alberta interests first and foremost, reclaiming powers of taxation, policing, militia, criminal code and judicial, etc..."Oh, how brutishly un-Canadian, we can't do that!" is the response. Well, Quebec already has done many of these things, and they're siphoning 11 billion a year in transfer payments (soon to be 13 billion next year) from Canada, and per capita, largely us. Take on the feds directly and aggressively on the carbon pricing scam? Take on the special interests directly and aggressively on their crap science and bogus climate models?  "Oh, what about the poor planet!?"

I'm involved in political parties at the ground level in Alberta, and we desperately need people demanding from our MLA's and MP's these sorts of actions.

As Martin Luther King Jr once said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent on things that matter." 

― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

Momentum in voicing strong opposition to this initiative is building up in a strong direction. Those who have time to attend this should go. It's impact is from Rocky Mountain to Drayton Valley, all way back against the western slopes and trunk 40.

Monday, January 7, 2019
Drayton Valley – Drop-in Public Information Session
MacKenzie Conference Centre
5745 - 45 Avenue
6:00 to 9:00 pm

Ask Questions, have your position heard!

NOTE: hosted by AEP

Trevor

There's one scheduled for Edmonton as well...

Jan 15, 4 - 9 pm

Radisson Edmonton South 4440 Gateway Boulevard

― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Hmmm I think I'd like to attend the one in Edmonton..... 8)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Don't hold your breath fellows. Big brother thinks people who show up are scary and intimidating hooligans. They cancelled the remaining four meetings. They blame social media and that misinformation is being spread. I truly find that to be very insulting. You form your own opinion.

https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=623133C1EF930-CCDF-1345-57F4BE8B16565253