Travel from Calgary to Regina or passing

Started by Rambler, September 06, 2018, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Dear forum members, I have some galvanised parts in Calgary that I'm hoping could be ferried over to Saskatchewan to help finish off my Series 2 rebuild.  May I ask if anyone is traveling across from Calgary to Regina or beyond if they could possible transport these parts, that are a big bit / fragile /awkward to post. Craig has these in his care.

These include a series 2 front windscreen frame, 2 bench seat brackets from the rear tub and the front grill.  Hope you can help please. 

Best wishes,
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

Ian,

Did you call around Calgary to find any trucking companies that can deliver freight to Regina? I've sent gearboxes out common carrier through Canadian Freightways in GP through their warehouse inexpensively.

Your welded plated steel is just another load. Fairly unremarkable in a crate.

Some quotes I've experienced:

Semi-load of single radio mast, Onoway to GP, AB ~ $1200
Semi-load three pickup trucks Yellowknife to GP ~ $3000
uship.com empty backhaul LR 110, EDM to St. Catherine's ON ~ $1400
Commercial empty backhaul of single pickup truck over several months YK to GP ~ $450.

Good luck.

Rambler

Quote from: ugly_90 on September 30, 2018, 12:08 PM
Ian,

Did you call around Calgary to find any trucking companies that can deliver freight to Regina? I've sent gearboxes out common carrier through Canadian Freightways in GP through their warehouse inexpensively.

Your welded plated steel is just another load. Fairly unremarkable in a crate.

Some quotes I've experienced:

Semi-load of single radio mast, Onoway to GP, AB ~ $1200
Semi-load three pickup trucks Yellowknife to GP ~ $3000
uship.com empty backhaul LR 110, EDM to St. Catherine's ON ~ $1400
Commercial empty backhaul of single pickup truck over several months YK to GP ~ $450.

Good luck.

Thanks so much, that is helpful to know.  I didn't as yet, but happily  a club / forum member is ferrying the parts to me from Calgary sometime in  October.

Sorry, I should have posted that I have things sorted.

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

Quote from: Rambler on September 30, 2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much, that is helpful to know.  I didn't as yet, but happily  a club / forum member is ferrying the parts to me from Calgary sometime in  October.

Sorry, I should have posted that I have things sorted.

Great to hear Ian!   Our members are really good at helping out with ferrying bits around to each other......as long as a time limit isn't terribly important.

Another job well done!!!! 
Cheers, Bill

Rambler

Thank you Bill, I much appreciate all you and the other club and forum members do for each other and our land rovers.  :)

SOLD: