Trailering a S2

Started by mike.heathcote, June 21, 2017, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.heathcote

Hey All, 

Sorry if this is a mundane question, but...  I've got a Series 2 in a parade this weekend, and will be loading it on a trailer for the trip to Wabamun.  The truck and trailer are all lined up, but I'm not sure if there's tire straps. 

In lieu of tire straps, does anybody have suggestions on which points are best to secure the truck to the trailer?  I've never trailered anything before - and don't want to screw this one up. 

Thanks in advance, 

Mike

Darkdevo

Strap the axles that way nothing bounces loose and use good straps or chain boomers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Darkdevo

Or drive it . Common man it's a series 2

Darkdevo

Or use winch on trailer to front or if rover has winch used that aswell

Darkdevo

Also make sure you have okay weight on the tongue and not the other way around

mike.heathcote

Okay, perfect - axles it is, then!   :)

It'll be driven on, facing forward - and we'll adjust forward/back for tongue weight. 

Thanks for your help!! 

Mike

Trevor

If you're strapping down the axles (which is certainly fine with a normal Series), be mindful of any brake lines, breather hoses, etc. Cranking straps down on those can cause damage.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Bargrip

Mike, as everyone is saying round the axles will be fine, obviously front pulling forward and back pulling rearward. ensure you have it forward enough for adequate tongue weight ( not enough weight or too far back will create sway..)
ensure the trailer brakes work well you don't want the trailer to lock up every touch of the brakes and you don't want it to push the truck nose down when braking either. if you can brake hard with the truck and trailer staying level as a complete unit would be optimal with maybe a little bias to the trailer you should be fine.. ;)
don't forget all your safety pins and  cross the safety chains too ( if trailer was to come off it will sit in the cross of the chains not hit the pavement)
the DOT ( CVSA) do not like you putting the break away wire through the hook of the chain it must be attached ( clipped on to ) the frame... ::)

Cheers.
Henryk.

mike.heathcote

Thank you very much for your help, gentlemen!  Went perfectly - without a hitch, you might say...   :D