Series II Seat Belt Mounts

Started by SpeedyJ, April 27, 2016, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

I'm looking for a bit of information on how folks have retro-fitted their Series trucks with seat belts.

I have a 1961 Series II 109" with a truck cab. If I'm not mistaken the truck cab means that I need to locate the harder to find rectangular seat belt plates (as opposed to the more common diagonal hard top mounts). Correct? It looks like the PNs are MRC4671 and MRC4672, but look to be NLA. Those that do have them are looking for $100-$120USD a piece. Ouch.

The outer lower mounts are pretty simple and common, so they don't worry me.

The inner lower mounts are less obvious though, it looks like the most common approach is to drill a hole just aft of the seat rails and use a heavy steel backing plate with a welded in nut. If this is the case, is there a part number or good supplier for this part?

To clarify, I *think* I'm looking for items 13, 14, 18 and 19 in this link - http://www.roversnorth.com/Land-Rover-Parts/85 , all of which are unavailable or overpriced from RN.

Does anybody have any of these components laying around? Would they like to divest themselves of them?

Cheers

Jeff

Rambler

Hi Jeff,
I pulled the retractable seat belts and bracketry off if my Series 2 SWB as part of my strip down.  You are welcome to have these to see if you can work something around what the previous owner had fabricated.  He had the belts (main part where the belt unwinds) fitted to extended long brackets tied into the edge of the seat box where these meet the door and rear chassis for strength and support.  These were fitted in the location where '3' is on the RN parts page but look more like their bracket listed as 19.  These are yours if you can make do.  The belts are old and probably would be best to be replaced, but the set up will give you something to start with or ideas re fabricating those crazy expensive or NLA parts...
Cheers,
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

SpeedyJ

That would be awesome Ian. Where are you located? I'm in YYC.

Rambler

Hi Jeff,
You're welcome. 
Sadly, not so close - Regina.  I will be at the cypres hills meet next month and could bring them along then.  I would think an ALRE member from Calgary would be in attendance and could perhaps ferry these to you.  Otherwise I could package them up for greyhound or canada post...
Cheers,
Ian

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

SpeedyJ

Thanks Ian,

I won't be at the Cypress camp, but shipping via a YYC club member should work.

Cheers

Jeff

Rambler

Hi Jeff,
You're welcome.  I'll box them up and bring them with my camping gear to the hills for onward relay to you.
Cheers,
Ian

SOLD: