Alberta All British Field Meet 2017

Started by northerndefender, November 26, 2016, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

northerndefender

H Everyone.

The Alberta All British Field Meet will be held next summer (2017) on June 10th in Victoria Park form 9-4 as usual.

The link for online registration is  http://www.albertaallbritishmotoringsociety.ca/2017-all-british-meet  and I hope to see you all there.

It is on the same weekend as the Wetaskiwin show and that allows folks coming in from out of town to do both events.  If you are going to do both shows book the Wetaskiwin one on Sunday.

Cheers and Thanks

Colin

binch

Back to the old way of doing things  >:(   Competing on the same weekend with another car show again......splitting the audiences too.    And what about our non-british car club members...?
Cheers, Bill

northerndefender

If you plan go to the wetaskiwin two days in a row you are right.  Their thinking is that more people are attracted as they can do two events for one trip to town.

binch

And how has that worked for them the past 5 shows......(not including last year where they were the ONLY show in the region) ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I noticed there's a registration fee with the online process. I haven't been to this for a few years, but I don't recall there being a cost to attend before. Is this new, or has it been there before (and I'm just losing my memory)?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

The fee was introduced last year with the field meet and used to bring more prizes back to the participants.   They idea at that time was to try and bring the level of the show up to new level with more cars and motorbikes, and more events too.    Similar to some of the big shows in the UK.     

The show dates were moved to a different weekend from the History Mile at Wetaskawin show at that time too, so we weren't competing for audiances and participants.   But this year the show has been moved back to the same weekend.
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

lropchan

A few photos from the British Field Meet.

The full set can be seen on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1540186222679522.1073741850.100000644770133&type=1&l=bcae7ccc84

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

camo388

A very interesting fellow to talk to and usually had a few admirers looking it over.  Didn't catch his name but Colin can probably find out for you as I believe he is a member of All British Meeting organization.

Matt H

Back in my Army days I drove one of those for a while. It Literally saved my life at BATUS as we got caught in an off target mortar strike! Great to see one looking so nice.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

It is a very nice unit. Does it move fast enough to do the AMT? How about water forging?
Price point on eBay is around $20k to $25k. Interior size must be big enough to accommodate a big guy like Matt. I think it may be a good addition to the adventure squadron

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on June 13, 2017, 01:42 PM
It is a very nice unit. Does it move fast enough to do the AMT? How about water forging?
Price point on eBay is around $20k to $25k. Interior size must be big enough to accommodate a big guy like Matt. I think it may be a good addition to the adventure squadron

That sucker is almost 4T....that's one heavy little beast. And 135hp engine to push it along. It's about the equivalent of 2 Defenders in weight, at about the same HP as a 300TDI variant . Hehe, I would NOT want to be doing any mud'n or rock crawling in that thing. Mind you, it's pretty well armed, so that's gotta count for something!
― George Orwell, 1984