1940 Ford WOC1 - Project

Started by jybella, November 23, 2017, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jybella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mDKPJjz_8&feature=youtu.be

Still working on my project, here's a link to the motor running. That was a year ago now. How time flies. Will update a s we go.

Lightningpower

That is a fancy flathead! I love those. Also, loved the old Mercury pickup that was parked beside the Ford you brought home from Sask.

jybella

More update, chassis is done, have to add fluids.

jybella

Working on the cab now, getting rid of all the rust, I was able to purchase a complete floor, instead of patch pieces. Still a lot of work, separating all the panels, welding in panels.

binch

This is is brilliant Jim!    This resurrection is very cool to watch.....  Enjoying it very much indeed.  cheers
Cheers, Bill

jybella

Put the cab on the frame, need to fit the doors and weld in new cab corners. Lots of work ahead but making progress.

binch

And you were able to find a floor pan for it too????? ???
Cheers, Bill

jybella

Parts for The 40 fords are amazing, the aftermarket suppliers are very detailed however it is a fading industry as the collector age has matured and now are selling off  their collection.  Hung the doors today to check the fit, not original to the cab but the same patina is pretty good match.

Matt H

Quote from: jybella on November 15, 2020, 05:57 PM
Parts for The 40 fords are amazing, the aftermarket suppliers are very detailed however it is a fading industry as the collector age has matured and now are selling off  their collection.

I have noticed this also. Nobody is in a hurry to spend $50K + on a restoration anymore as the resale values are no longer the same as they once were. More supply than demand as the next generation of collectors can't afford it.

This is cool project. Thanks for sharing!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

jybella

COVID progress, keeps me busy and isolated, welding the cab corners and patch/replacing was a ton of work. Surprised how many hours that I put in, and this is a simple project compared to some of the ones you see on TV. Could not imagine how many hours or the cost of the custom shops.

jybella

Have the hood lined up, and started bolting up the fenders and grill. The whole front floats on a y yoke, at the front takes a lot of patience to adjust. Still not right but heading in the right direction.

Gardenome

Very cool lines on that. Love the grill and the chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jybella

More progress, mounted the running boards. I was finally able to mount the box that I built 3 years ago for the truck. Trying to fit everything before I take it all apart again and do the final fitting. I think i have decided that I am going to leave the original rusted steel panels  and try to match it with fake patina.  I can always paint it but cant redo the original weathered look.

jybella

Did some more mock-up of how the storage boxes and spare tire holder will work out. Seems like it ill work.

jybella

Made progress today on the fenders for the box. Been looking all around for a 40" diameter single trailer fender with no luck. Finally looked at the typical dual axle car hauler trailer fender and surprise, surprise they have a 20" radius. So a trip to Princess Auto and $69 later I had the material for a fender, cutting and shorting it seems to work out, I need to add material to the back of the fender as the PA fenders are only 9" wide and I need approx 13" width.