Flat Glass Windscreen Replacement

Started by Lightningpower, May 15, 2017, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

Going to change the nasty broken windscreens in my series 1 this week. Any suggestions for a good place to get glass cut? (in Edmonton)

Cheers,
LP

Lightningpower

Also, is there a good local source for rubber seals for the windscreen?

binch

Chrystal auto glass and Apple auto glass both do that sort of thing.   PM sent about rubber seal.   ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: Lightningpower on May 15, 2017, 11:32 AM
Going to change the nasty broken windscreens in my series 1 this week. Any suggestions for a good place to get glass cut? (in Edmonton)

Cheers,
LP

GlassMasters can cut pretty much any type of windshield. I think most of the larger auto glass shops can for that matte as well if you were wanting to shop around a bit.

Edit: Ah, I see Bill beat me to it :-)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Hey Trevor......tells about Moab!!!!    (on a new thread of coarse ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Lightningpower

I called Glassmasters. $120+ per window plus $90 per hour for cutting, plus GST. I thought, "I never paid ridiculous prices like that when I was back home."
So I called Anchor Glass in Hanna, Alberta and their price is $55 per window plus GST. Ive got a relative passing through next week to bring them here.

Never hurts to check rural, independent shops for pricing!

Red90

The glass industry is a black market economy....  Phone around.  The price of the glass to them is very little.  It is all about how much they think they can get away charging you.

Lightningpower

You're right it is. Explains the huge viability in pricing and sale pricing.

My total for this came to $113 and I'm quite happy with that.