Series IIA rear end

Started by Gazza, March 02, 2023, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazza

Looking for a complete rear end for my1964 series ii I'm rebuilding. Unfortunately sometime in the past someone removed it. I should add some more info. It is a 109 model. I have the outer housing but the inside gears and axles have been pilfered.

TimberPig

You're going to have to provide more info.  The short wheelbase and long wheelbase axle housings are different due to spring mounting differences between them.  All the other parts interchange.

headdamage

Do you mean an axle casing or a complete third member or all of the above plus hubs, spindles, axles, etc...?

TimberPig

So you need a complete third member and a set of axle shafts (possibly drive flanges if they're missing as well).

These parts are the same regardless of wheelbase, so that makes it simpler to source them.  Challenge can be finding used parts in good shape.  It's exactly why you are missing those parts, as someone robbed them to put in another truck.

headdamage

I think I have a good used 4.7 third member in Calgary but I'm out of town right now.

Gazza

Is there any other rear ends that could fit in these series ii rovers

TimberPig

Quote from: Gazza on March 09, 2023, 09:37 PM

The only other bolt in one is a Salisbury from a Series 3 109.  They're a much stronger, heavier duty rear end, but not overly common to find so would take some work to find or import one.  They use the same bolt pattern and the wheels are the same.

Red90

Quote from: Gazza on March 09, 2023, 09:37 PM

Have you asked Malcolm?  He does not do computers, so you will need to use a phone.