Two RHD Land Rover 110/Defender chassis sections for parts - GONE, pls., delete

Started by VedRover, January 17, 2017, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VedRover

With the warm weather this week, the melting snow exposed a grizzly gruesome sight of what appears to be an old crime scene on my front lawn: a rotting carcass of what used to be a Land Rover 110 frame, butchered by some maniac......

OK, now seriously: I have the remainder of the two LR 110 frames that I've used for my project that I need gone. We're seriously considering moving and I'm not inclined to take these with me. And, sadly, Realtor wasn't sold on the idea of calling it a front lawn decorative piece (hey, others have old wagon wheels, antique farm equipment and crap, why can't there be a rusty frame off of a British classic, right?) and selling it with the house.

* Rear piece is from my RHD 1988 Land Rover 110. The rear crossmember is shot, and lower quarter-section (area under the fuel tank) needs patching or complete replacement. Otherwise, plenty of life left elsewhere.

* Front piece is from a MOD 1995 RHD Land Rover Defender 110. It's damaged beyond repair, but again, lots of pieces there that can be cut off and used for repair elsewhere. Front crossmember (under the radiator) has a damage in the upper left corner.

Both pieces would serve well as parts/metal donors for another chassis. Located in SW Calgary. Make me an offer and it's yours.

FRONT:

REAR:

Trevor

Quote from: VedRover on January 17, 2017, 10:05 PM
With the warm weather this week, the melting snow exposed a grizzly gruesome sight of what appears to be an old crime scene on my front lawn: a rotting carcass of what used to be a Land Rover 110 frame, butchered by some maniac......

Eeek! The horrors! Think of the children!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

VedRover

No interest so far. A few more weeks and these will be sent to a junkyard.

ugly_90

Maybe you can try an ad in Kijiji to reach a wider audience. $50 for Defender frame parts may sell quickly there. The last time I brought steel scrap in, they wouldn't pay me anything for it.

I don't know what is RHD or LHD about the frame, on mine the steering box looks to to go on either side, but I expect that it was recycled before from another vehicle.

The 1995 dented original I sold you was LHD.