1972 Land Rover Series III 88”

Started by JohnnyO, July 26, 2023, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyO

Hello ALRE:

I am forwarding along this info.  I have no affiliation – just helping out a fellow LR enthusiast to ensure this Landy goes to a good home.  Good luck with the sale!

1972 Land Rover Series III 88"

We are selling our 1972 Land Rover Series III 88", we have owned this unit and had it licenced and insured since May 2017. Unfortunately, we only drive it on weekends and only short trips into town and since 2017 have only put 394 miles on it. Currently it has 72,740 miles on it and has always been stored in our heated shop. We are getting older and have several hobby vehicles that we would like to consolidate into one.
Overall, it is in very good condition and runs great, the chassis, body and interior are all in good condition. It has the gas 2.25 engine and just a regular transmission with no overdrive. The previous owner had replaced the brakes, wheel cylinders, wheel bearings, oil pan and rocker cover gasket. In 2018 we replaced the master cylinder, fuel pump, carburetor and we just installed a new battery. It has 16" rims on it with Kelly Safari AWR 7.50 R16LT tires, an old Warn 8274 winch and a few other things. On a couple of occasions, the transmission has slid out of gear when I am coasting in first gear.

We are asking $6,500.00 for it and are firm on that as we feel it is fair price for this unit.

We are located just north of Cochrane Alberta and I can be contacted at my e-mail mitchjacques-at-shaw.ca or you can text me at 4zero3-86zero-2137.

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 8:15 PM
To: John Oberlin
Subject: 1972 Land Rover for sale

John,

It was great to meet you on Saturday,
Here is the info on our Rover if you cold post it by e-mail to the members of the club.

Thanks so much for your help with this,

Mitch

You cannot view this attachment.

Alex C

Wow someone picked up a great deal , that's a excellent looking series 3
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"