Michelin 4x4 XZL 7.50 R 16

Started by jybella, May 05, 2016, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jybella

Looking for a couple of like new  Michelin 4x4 XZL 7.50 R 16. Even one will do.

Let me know what you have.

Thx Jim

ugly_90

You're not going to find any.

I have four myself, and you can order as many as you like from the UK by seacan as the 4x4 O/R.

I have a few part worn in that pattern, as does Camo388.

the tire is good mud and snow, bad pavement and ice. Probably wears fast on gravel too.

binch

They are HORRIBLE in snow and cold icy conditions and they wear terribly! ::)
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

tires seem to be a controversial topic here.

I miss what you're trying to achieve. If you nearly have a set of as-new XZL tires, and one is damaged, I suppose you'll order from the UK to complete your set. You'll risk one or all of them cracking though, as you'll have an unknown manufacture date and storage history of most of your XZL's.

If you have worn XZL's and have one bad one, there are used spares in the club.

Otherwise, there's more effective options to replace all of them. The Yokohama's I bought earlier are similar size, and have a local warranty. I noticed an old Dodge truck a few months ago with current Cooper STT Maxx tires in 235 85R16 that looked quite tall and narrow, closer to the 7.50 . My old Hankook 235 85R16 MT looked quite wider than that.

If you want a highway or winter tire, there's better options still.

I'd like to see the mud tire that wears well on pavement, gravel, and is good on ice and snow. A bit of a unicorn, and it isn't the duratrac; that one wears on gravel, and maybe pavement.

SpeedyJ

...Or, if you're like me, and obsessed with tall and skinny original 7.50 R16 size, you can go with these:

https://shop.kaltire.com/tiresdetails2/tireid/2229/

It's a commercial grade made in Japan Yokohama off highway tire with a traditional tread pattern. I'm certain there are better tires out there,but these are good quality, more useful then the Michelin and they just look so right.

235/85R16 is considered the metric equivalent, and it is close, but once you put them side by side the difference in obvious.

-Jeff

jybella

I have 3 new ones and looking for a set. I understand there are better choices but I like the look of these.

Trevor

I'm pretty sure I have one in my garage that was on my Camel. Afaik its in pretty decent shape too. I'll let you know along with that jack when I get back.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Cruzer

Did you see new tires on Kijji not your brand but size you want