Brake pads defender front

Started by Pioneer, April 07, 2016, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

Pulled the pads off and and compared them to the ones on the Paddock site and they look like STC 2952M on their site.  Does anyone have any available?  Is there a diff between 2952 M and just 2952?   It is for a 91 110, Colin's old ride.

Ken

ugly_90

I wouldn't match the pad properly without running it through microcat with the VIN, and checking the axle case serial number too.

There probably isn't as much variation with the front axle as there is with the rear axle older drums

Send me a PM with the VIN and axle serial, and I'll return you a part number when I return to Grande Prairie.

You don't want to have the wrong part number brake pads on there.

Red90

The "M" just means it is a Mintex brand pad.  That is the standard pad used in all 110s.  110s were all the same from 1986 to the end...  The current part number is SFP000260.  There are a dozen part numbers through the years that all cross to this one.

Red90

For what it is worth VINs and axle serial numbers are never a final answer.  It is easy to mix and match parts. It was just the other day that we put the bigger 110 calipers onto a Disco 1.

Pioneer

You guys are so much help I really appreciate it.  Mine have a slot that runs through the middle of the pad, yet most of the photos show a solid pad, is that something required?

Red90

Different brands do it differently.   The main reason for it is to quickly check wear levels. I would suggest using Mintex brand pads. They bite well and do not seem to have any problems.

Make sure all the pistons are free. They can get stuck from rust.

Pioneer

Thanks will do.  Where would you recommend ordering some from? 

Red90

I sent you are PM with respect to part sources.

This is a good site to use for quickly looking at the part catalog: http://www.allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?PAGE=374979&SPRACHE=EN