Brand New, Uncut Disco 11 key fob

Started by binch, July 21, 2016, 01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Greetings

While I was in hospital the first week of June, a cleanup took place in the house and in the process the family misplaced my wallet and both sets of my Disco keys.

Land Rover Canada will only sell them in sets of 2.  This came in at a staggering $700.

The day after placing the order, I did come across 1 of the original keys, but they will not cancel the order once it is sent in.  I had one key cut and coded for my vehicle.  The other key is still in its original packaging with no notches cut and has all the coding information, so it can be made and coded for any Disco II.

I would gladly sell this key at a reduced price, say $250.

Regards,

Dave Heathcote
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Red90

Quote from: B-Red on July 21, 2016, 06:09 AM
How would you code an uncut key?

Coding and cutting are separate things.  The dealer and most locksmiths can do both for most cars.

binch

If you speak with Shawn Ward over at LR Edmonton he can educate you on the coding.    I can't quite recall exactly but it has something to do with have the fob proximal to the car or in the ignition when you run through a specific series of bottons on the dash.    But speak with Shawn ;-)

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I think the coding is similar to that of, say, a garage door opener. Get key in proximity of vehicle, go through a couple of steps to put the vehicle (or key) into learn mode, hit buttons to transmit, done.

Edit: just did a quick search and there are quite a few threads out there saying post-1995, fobs need to be programmed at the dealer. So best bet would be to check the owners manual and see what it says for your year.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!