Getting a Starter Rebuild

Started by RossM, June 06, 2015, 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossM

The starter went out on the old girl so into the shop she went. The best part was having a good look at the under side while it was up on the hoist. The good..lots of sweating seals but no major leaks. The bad.. the parabolics need a good descale and paint.  A good clean all round is needed as soon as it gets home.

Cheers
Ross

binch

It's always nice to have to vehicle up in the air every now and then, to have a good look about :-)

That series looks very nice Ross!   Well kept sir...... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Already a Rover

Hi.  Very nice indeed.   

If you are up for about $250 and change, there is an amazing upgraded starter available from the States here.... http://www.britishstarters.com/Land_Rover.html.  Don't thank me, I'm just passing it on, but have a look.

I thought I was going to have to replace mine, but the bolt on top was missing and now all is good!

Oh-oh.  Cracked manifold though.  Anybody know where to get a header??  I've been planning on a 2 inch exhaust, so this would be the time.

Oh - when is that Meet in Edmonton??

Jim

binch

The Edmonton Gatherings are the first Wednesday of each month, at the sideliner pub on 127st just south of 111ave.

The next time the Edmonton group will be meeting up will be at the All British Field Meet this Saturday at Laurier Park, just below the Edmonton Zoo.

Look under the events section of this forum...it's listed there ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

RossM

Thanks for that advice. I had forgotten roamerdrive sells one. And at a good price too. The original is in for a  rebuild but if that fails then that looks like the best option.  The truck is at Automann in Calgary. They mainly handle British sportscars but one mechanic is very knowledgable on series trucks having owned an AA yellow painted one for longer than the Oilers playoff drought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt H

Nice looking Series Wagon. Any more pic's?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

RossM

More real picks when I get home but here is a nice drawing of not my series III.

RossM

Okay that didn't work.

RossM

Matt
A couple of photos as asked.
1. The old girl in the Calgary European Car Show at Stanley Park a number of years back. We loaded up my sons 1948 Austin J40 pedal car which he proudly displayed as well.
2. The kids using her for a play house.
Honestly it has seen very little off road use since I put it together from bits of several other trucks over 20 years ago but we have used her as a work truck, a hauler of everything, a playhouse, a show truck and now as a learners vehicle for my 15 year old daughter.

Cheers
Ross