Do you ever wonder......

Started by binch, May 19, 2015, 06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

So....with the upcoming extended club trip on the Alexander Mackenzie Trail at the end of July / beginning of August I've been getting a few things organized for the trip.   One of the items on the list was the spare key for the 110, just in case I lose one on the trail.   I know I have one but for the life of me I just couldn't find the darn thing!   I sent a note to my buddy Craig to see if he might still have it from our last trip into Ruby lake last year, but no...he had not seen it.

Well here's where exercised my god given right to personal stupidity.....   

I finally gave up and went to the Key & Barber shop that I know cuts land rover keys, to fetch an extra set.   Took me all of 10 minutes and$10 and I was on my way home with two extra keys.    When I got home I rifled through the little basket of extra keys and fobs we have, looking for a new fob to make spare set of keys for the 110.

(No I didn't find my spare set then either!)

So I made up an extra fob with defender key and a key for the lock to my new spare tire carrier.    I added a piece of bright pink with black dot flagging tape so I don’t loose it so easily in the bush too.   Once it was done and ready to go I put it back in the basket of spare keys.

(Nope.....still haven’t found the original spare set yet.)

I noticed that the flagging tape on the original set of keys was getting ratty looking so I added a new strip of black dots on pink.   Once I was done and quite chuffed with myself for a job well done I hung the original set of D110 keys on the center of 3 hooks on the end wall as you enter our kitchen.

(Ok...here’s where you can start chuckling and shake your head in wonderment!)

There on the middle of the three hooks was a 1.5” long neck lanyard, complete with a piece of pink flagging tape with black dots and a single D110 key hanging from it!!!!!    All I could do was stand there and stare at it, scratching my head, wondering where the HELL it came from?!?!?!?    The daily driver and house keys are right there with them so I see them every single day!?!?!??!?   (DUMB ASS!)

Needless to say I now have four key for the Defender doors and ignition.

Enjoy your day everyone  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Awesome story. Keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red90

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manlooking

Quotemanlooking
The inabilility of those with XY (male) chromosomes to see anything that is clearly in sight. They require a XX (female) chromosome member of the population to guide their eyes to the item within plain view.
Him (while peering inside the refridgerator): Honey, I can't find the mustard.

Her: Stop manlooking. It's right there, behind the milk.

Him: Oh yes, now I see it, there it is.

Trevor

heh, John nailed it. I do that far more often than I would care to admit.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Yup man looking...that was me.   Good one John!!!
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

At least the keys were not in your pocket while you empty your truck looking for them ;-)
Good point though to get a spare set for the 110. Where do we go in this town to get one? Do we need to give him the blank ones or they have them?

binch

In Edmonton you want to use:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/royal-lock-and-key-edmonton?osq=Key+Cutting

Go into the barber shop (their frontage for ellicit key cutting) and turn to the right.  That's where they cut the keys.    Just take them the original defender or serie key and they willl have the blanks there.    Even better if you take the vehicle to test the key out so they can tweak it if needed.

It's good to know that if you lose the key section of your disco11 keys (but still have the fob) you can get a key cut there for 15 or so.   As long as the fob is with it when you use the key the security system is happy.    And it beats paying the stupid money LR edmonton wants for the key with fob replacement.
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Don't fall for it. It's a fiendish plot by Women to confound and confuse Men. They deliberately hide stuff or block it from view so we can't find it.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.