4WD high range lever

Started by Green Hornet 88, February 21, 2022, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Hornet 88

The search is on for parts for my series land rover restoration project and trust me with all the moves this project has gone through, I'm lucky to still find my rolling chassis! Lol! I Needed the 4wd high range lever (rod), alas only found a 4" rod with a knob on one end and  broken off at the other end were it looks like it was threaded?  I looked through some parts manuals to see what they look like and to see if I could make one or if there was more than one type? Found nothing that looks like the broken rod I have nor did I fine more than one type?  So before I order a new one does anyone know if there is more than one type or has anyone made one or modified this lever?
I have have 3 main gearbox levers (RNT014?), why couldn't one be the lever I need! Lol Each one is welded right above the swivel ball, I can only assume this is a common problem and repair? Has anyone had experience with this issue? Thanks for your collective thoughts and ideas!
Cheers Craig

Green Hornet 88

Hi Bill, I have a few part magazines some quite old, so different part numbers.  I need the one with the spring, yoke and yellow knob. I have the one with the ball part way dow n the shaft and the red knob. I have a yellow knob, but haven't found a shaft, spring or bottom end yoke, yet! Sorry about part numbers, as you remember I've got all these parts unlabled in boxes and having difficulty figuring out where they go on what kind of land rover?  I think I have parts from a series 1 to a defender? Lol. Cheers Craig