Simpler than a Series? New British Truck for Africa..

Started by ugly_90, December 27, 2017, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I was speaking to Andrew in Wainwright. Among other things, he noted planning and development of a new flat-pack truck for Africa and the developing world.

Not 4x4, but front wheel drive. They seem to have several interesting design concepts going on. Something between a 101 and an Alvis Stalwart, but smaller, half plywood, and with landrover tires.

http://oxgvt.com/the-ox-all-terrain-vehicle/

binch

Looks like a haflinger!   Or a glorified golf cart ;D
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Someone should let them know that if they are trying to control population growth in Africa there are easier ways than increasing road deaths.  ;D
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

ugly_90

Wading of 1 metre.. floats after that. A smaller version could be unpacked and shipped by eight canoes.. an Ikea solution to transport. Impressive specs..

Our government bought the VW Iltis, the Iveco LSVW, and has now ordered a batch of antique fighter jets. If I could make this OX truck in Quebec, i'd secure a government contract and retire..

Trevor

Quote from: ugly_90 on December 28, 2017, 07:36 AM
Wading of 1 metre.. floats after that. A smaller version could be unpacked and shipped by eight canoes.. an Ikea solution to transport. Impressive specs..

Our government bought the VW Iltis, the Iveco LSVW, and has now ordered a batch of antique fighter jets. If I could make this OX truck in Quebec, i'd secure a government contract and retire..

Yes, I am quite certain the the Canadian government, in its infinite idiocy, would be happy to endorse that project. You need to put a "green" spin on it, and add in a way they can do some additional "global warming" taxation...then you'll have a real winner! 
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

headdamage

I like the idea, net good despite possible reduction in traffic safety.