The New Range Rover Velar.

Started by Matt H, March 08, 2017, 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Another day, another luxury Land Rover model launch.

As in the days of long defunct Rootes Group, JLR seems to have declared war on itself and added yet another model that directly competes with existing vehicles in its lineup.

The Velar is supposed to be larger than the Evoke (not hard, they are very small) but smaller than the Range Rover Sport and Discovery 5 (but not much smaller). Placing it in the same class as the Discovery sport and Jaguar F Pace. Not sure why it's needed but there it is.

Having said that, I'm sure it will sell well with brand conscious that would love a chance to own an example of the once exclusive Range Rover badge but need more room than the entry level Evoke allows but don't want and/or can't afford a Full Fat Range Rover.

For those that may not be aware the name "Velar" was model name used to disguise the pre-production Range Rovers during road trials and development in 1969/1970.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Very odd. Kinda like they want to compete with the new Jag x-over. I find most of their new stuff quite ugly. But then they're selling more than they ever have, so what do I know.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Perhaps someone should point out the fact to Land Rover that despite the vast array of vehicles in their portfolio the one market segment they are lacking any offerings at all is a utility 4x4 and they should stop arsing around and get on with the job of building one.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Kinda doubt Land Rover will ever get back there, but hopefully Ratcliffe's plan to start a "Defender- ish" manufacturing company materializes and has some success.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!