Offset Rims for Disco 95

Started by Orange Disco, September 16, 2016, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Disco

Hey guys,

I'm looking for offset rims for me 95 Disco. Anything worthy of getting from the seacan?

I looked through the forum discussions, but didn't really find anything. Just looking for 16" rims that fits my Disco with enough offset to stop the rubbing and stuff.

Thanks!

B-Red

I have a set of spacers that would fit. Try them out to see if this makes a difference. Emad

Red90

There are lots of options and the choice would depend on the specifics of your situation.

First would help understanding your current problem.  Less offset on a Disco will usually make rubbing worse, so it is best to discuss what is going on and where you want to go.

Disco 1 or 2?  What tire size?  Any mods to clear the tires?

xmod109

How did those spacers work Emad?  I was considering a set for mine but am wondering about bearing wear?

Matt H

I've ran spacers on the Mighty Range Rover for many years. Never had any bearing issues.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

The traditional Land Rover hub and bearing arrangement is very robust and it is very difficult to kill a bearing as long as you keep them in clean grease or oil.  Big tires, spacers, whatever you want and they seem to do just fine.

It went downhill with each new revision.  With the introduction of the 300TDI, they narrowed the bearing spacing.  These are not quite as robust.  When they finally switched to the unit bearings in the Disco 2, hub bearing failure was soon a regular thing to see.

B-Red

I never went back to the Spacers. Lever tourque gets introduced with the the extra inch of spacing on the b earring and the axles. I do have the 32" tires on my truck. So far, , my front end steering had to be repaired and strengthened. Rest of vehicle drive train is alright.

If spacers are going to be considered, be ready to beef up the rest of the drive train.
Emad

Matt H

I don't think he would have the same issues with a 95 D1.

Talk to Dave L (Lovejugs on the forum) as he is able to obtain steel 16" Land Rover pattern wheels that will be able to give you what your looking for. They are also very well priced.

Trevor

okoffroad for offset rims or spacers.

They're made in the US, so good product, but unfortunately brutally expensive to get it shipped here unless you can sort out shipping/brokerage yourself and stay clear of the couriers.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

When last I talked to Dave there was talk of custom wheels being offered through the Sports car centre?

Red90

Quote from: Trevor on October 13, 2016, 05:36 AM....and stay clear of the couriers.

If you use Fedex and have an account (you can get one in a few minutes with a CC) there are no brokerage fees.  Car parts for a vehicle more than 25 years old are duty exempt, so you can always push that as well if duty is charged albeit in this case of US manufacturer, there should be no duty.  Import fees should just be GST.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on October 13, 2016, 10:22 AM
When last I talked to Dave there was talk of custom wheels being offered through the Sports car centre?

Those would be the OKoffroad ones I believe
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Quote from: Red90 on October 13, 2016, 10:50 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 13, 2016, 05:36 AM....and stay clear of the couriers.

If you use Fedex and have an account (you can get one in a few minutes with a CC) there are no brokerage fees.  Car parts for a vehicle more than 25 years old are duty exempt, so you can always push that as well if duty is charged albeit in this case of US manufacturer, there should be no duty.  Import fees should just be GST.

I find that the couriers really pricey for transport from the US. Granted, something like this is pretty heavy, so there's going to be a cost. I have had much better luck price wise bringing something on, say, Wagoneers trucking, than going through the big couriers.

I didn't know about that 25 year rule...that's handy. None of mine are that old yet mind you (oldest is '98), but still very good info.
― George Orwell, 1984

camo388

Here is a web site I found that will help explain the 25 year rule and how to reduce brokerage fees.

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/CanadaBrokerageFess.htm

Trevor

That's a keeper, thanks Bruce!
― George Orwell, 1984