intro

Started by Terry I, January 02, 2016, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry I

Hey guys,

I didn't see an introduction section so I though this might be the best place to posit it?

My name is Terry, I am in Revelstoke with a 70 IIA and a 06 RR HSE. I'm hoping to get the IIA going this summer after the pause of us having 2 kids. There seems to be loads of experience here so I look forward to learning more. I have had Rovers for the last 12 years starting with a Disco II and bought the RR this past spring. The IIA project has been ongoing since 2008!
I see several defenders from Alberta come through here, usually in the summer but spotted this D90 RHD truck cab yesterday at the hospital, I hope everything ik ok. Does it belong to anyone of this forum?

camo388

Hello Terry and welcome to the forum.

That 90 looks good and I like the wheels. 
Many of the 90's in the club are ex-military so either full hard top or full soft top and dented body work.
Did it have Alberta or BC plates?

Bruce

Terry I

This D90 had Alberta plates. I haven't seen too many defenders here with BC plates, I think they mostly stay in and around the lower wasteland.

Trevor

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum!

That D90 doesn't look familiar. I'm up in the Edmonton area and am not very familiar with what the Calgary crew drives. It might be one of theirs.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Hi Terry, welcome. Lots of Series owners in the club so you will find plenty of encouragement, experience and parts.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Hello Terry,

The only D90 pickup I can recall in the club belong to a welsh family that immigrated to Canada about the time the club started (8 or 10 years ago).   They lived just west of Debolt on hwy 43 (40 min. east of Grande Prairie).    Not sure what became of their 90......
Cheers, Bill

Red90

DefendersRock has a 90 pickup in Calgary. Don't think that is his though.

Matt H

If it were covered in 10 layers of Army paint, a butchered hard top and had tons of dents and a really ugly bumper it would look just like mine.  8)
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rambler

Hello and welcome Terry,
I'm rebuilding a Series 2 so if I can offer any help or advice I will be happy to. Good luck.
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Terry I

Thanks for the welcome!
I look forward to connecting with some other series owners.
I will post up some pics as I can.

Already a Rover

Hi Terry, welcome.  I bought an S2a back in May, and have been happily working on it non-stop since.  Drove it a lot too.  Now Growler is up on jacks with the motor out. 

Any plans to visit Calgary?

jim