2015 European Classic Car Meet at Stanley Park Calgary July 18th

Started by RossM, July 16, 2015, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossM

Just wondering if any Land Rovers are planning to show up this Saturday to the Calgary mostly British car show. Details at http://www.vsccc.ca/.

binch

That's the first I've heard of it.....  How about you folks down Calgary way....can anyone make a showing?
Cheers, Bill

RossM

Turns out the Calgary European Car show had a handful of very high end poser Defenders including some for sale by http://www.finevehicles.ca/. However my favourite and the one I thought might be of interest was a nicely run in Defender sporting two 50 cal.? machine guns and a bazooka. Oft quoted as the vehicle of choice in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Cheers
Ross

Trevor

I want machine guns!! Those are too small for .50 cals though. Can't really tell what they are from the picture, 7.62 perhaps?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Gish

Hey guys,
Actually that's my truck  ;D
Working towards a Desert Patrol Vehicle style, and yes those are Airsoft M240 (GPMG)
The Comicon truck is different it's owned by Ken of 007 Airsoft and it's a WMIK replica.
Interesting show, thought i'd give it a shot to see what it was about, the club should consider attending next year maybe to give a good showing of Land Rovers, there were tons of VW's, MG's and the likes and only 4 land rovers.

Trevor

I like it, the MG 240's are a great touch. Nothing like a 7.62mm belt fed tire shredder (or, at least a replica of one) hanging off the passengers seat to discourage folks from cutting you off.

That would be a hoot driving around with those mounted. Cops ever stopped you for a look?
― George Orwell, 1984

Gish

Quote from: Trevor on July 21, 2015, 05:55 AM
I like it, the MG 240's are a great touch. Nothing like a 7.62mm belt fed tire shredder (or, at least a replica of one) hanging off the passengers seat to discourage folks from cutting you off.

That would be a hoot driving around with those mounted. Cops ever stopped you for a look?

I have driven around on private land but not in public.  I have a feeling the Calgary Police wouldn't take too kindly driving around on the streets loaded up like that.  Two cops did stop by on Sat and looked at them for a bit, realized they were replicas and walked off.

Matt H

Take it to Montana. I know a guy with a Korean War era military jeep that has a REAL .30 cal mounted in the back and does parades carrying live ammo!

Yikes!!!!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

And he's been a postal worker for nearly 30 years too !
Cheers, Bill

JohnnyO

Does anyone know who owns the red NAS 90 to the left of Gish's truck in the picture?  It'd be great to connect with other NAS owners.

Red90

Quote from: JohnnyO on August 10, 2015, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know who owns the red NAS 90 to the left of Gish's truck in the picture?  It'd be great to connect with other NAS owners.

I believe that was one of the trucks from http://www.finevehicles.ca/