2.5 NA Engine - LT77 and 1.6 Transfer Case

Started by Rosco, September 10, 2015, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosco

Coming out of a low mileage 1994 ex military -  55000 miles on odo.

Engine starts and runs fine, fitted new glow plugs when I first got it which fixed the hard start issue.

LT77 shifts fine and is in good order, will need a new gear lever as I will be taking this to use on my R380, if you have an LT77 though that needs parts, then you will have that already.

1.6 Transfer case leaks a little from the front of the intermediate shaft, but likely just needs a new o-ring on the shaft, otherwise works fine in hi and lo and locked.

Still in vehicle and can be seen and tested, but getting pulled out soon.

B-Red

I have an LT77 nob. Need the P380 nob. Wanna swap?

Rosco

Sorry, ill be needing that as the R380 is going in the Defender, I can probably get one for you though if you want? having some stuff sent over from the UK this week

B-Red

Am looking at used ones out here. Recycling Land Rover parts where possible.

Already a Rover

Hi - I'm kinda new to Rovers, but keen.  This sounds like a great opportunity. I have a really nice S2a which is pushing oil out of the crankcase breather and needs more power anyway - I am about to rebuild my 7-1 2.25 petrol to make it a viable daily-driver.  Will your 2.5 fit?  Pardon my ignorance, but does it have a turbo, or not?   AND what about starting in the winter? I hear they are tough.

Thanks.  I am in Japan right now, so cannot visit unfortunately.  Will be here another ummm 2-3 weeks.

Jim

Rosco

Meant to update this sooner, engine was spoken for within a very short time of the ad going up, didn't realise there would be such an interest for it!

Already a Rover

Hi - mee too.

("NA" = normally-aspirated, my brain was not working...)

I'll keep looking.  I guess they can be had in the UK, I should look into it I guess.

Jim

camo388

Quote from: Already a Rover on September 19, 2015, 05:34 AM
I'll keep looking.  I guess they can be had in the UK, I should look into it I guess.

Jim

You shouldn't have to go to UK for a 2.5 NA.  They come into Canada in the military Land Rover/ Defenders used in Suffield.
Put an ad in Parts Wanted and someone may have one.