2.25 or 2.5 diesel oil pump or parts thereof

Started by Already a Rover, January 24, 2017, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Hi.  I had a stuck relief valve in my oil pump.

Here is the story if you are interested.  http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?t=9006

Malcolm thought he had the parts for me, but no, so I'm having a little difficulty and thought I would ask on here before ordering new.

I need the relief-valve spring and sleeve.  I am told the oil pumps are the same for 2.25 gas or 2.5 diesel.   

I did try TRS here in Calgary and they have the sleeve, but not the spring. 

Thanks.

Alex C

Do you have the spring part number you are looking for ?
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

Already a Rover

Hi - yes. 

It used to be 265623, but has now been replaced by 564456.  Obviously, either one should be fine.

I have a line on a used oil pump today, so there is a chance the spring there is okay, but I'm really happy to have a new one.

jim

Already a Rover

Hi - yes, used parts look okay.  Will put them in this evening.

Thanks,

Jim

Already a Rover

Hi.  I installed a new sleeve and almost new spring.  At idle I now have about 30 lbs, but the engine did not have time to warm-up.  That seems a little high, but we will see and I'm thrilled it was not the bearings! 

5-40 oil.

Red90

30 is not high.  Rev it up and see how high it goes when cold.  That shows you the relief pressure.  It should be something like 55 to 60 psi.

The bearing check comes when the oil temperature is high and at idle.  You need to work hard to get the oil temperature up.

Already a Rover

Hi.  Okay, that seems about right: 55-60lbs was what I saw last night on the way home.

I pulled the bearings on a connecting rod when I had the pan off - they were very good. 

headdamage

Did you use new connecting rod nuts? Reusing the nuts can result in them falling off later, I learned the hard way.

Already a Rover

Damn!  I never thought of that.  Well, I did, sort-of - was  going to use Nordlock washers, but did not have the right size.   I'll put that on the list for the spring.  Stupid.

Jim