Fuel line

Started by Gardenome, March 15, 2017, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Cracked nut finally failed. Any chance someone is sitting on a spare I can have/borrow till a new one arrives? Would love to have this drivable for this weekend.

It's the line from the sediment bowl to the fuel pump.

780-289-0620

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugly_90

Do you have the part number? A reference using lrseries.com might show the models it was used on that locals have donors for.

Have you removed the offending fuel line? Greggs here in GP can build new brake, and hydraulic lines, but they may choke on a british thread, for example. I don't know who could make you a new one in a hurry.  It might not be that expensive.

It looks like it may be threaded into an adapter in the photo, perhaps you could mate to that other size. I wouldn't risk removing any more than I had to on a vintage vehicle though.

pechanec

Can't quite tell from the photo, but it looks suspiciously like and air brake tubing compression fitting.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Gardenome

240207 is the part number.

https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/series/series-1/parts/fuel-system/240207-fuel-pipe-pump-to-sediment-bowl-1954-59.html

Looks pretty age specific as per craddocks.

Gardenome

Borrowed some parts from a neighbor and the line is now complete so the pump decided to stop working.

Not looking for anything yet, just letting you all know.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Contacts cleaned in pump. Working again. Oil pressure light on now. Never ends despite never going anywhere.

ugly_90

One of the worst things for a vehicle is having it sit. Hopefully you'll have better luck on the road. Sounds like every area has had a "roverhaul" by now. A series 1 commissioning isn't for the faint of heart, you took on lots here. Good luck on the weekend.

binch

I'm looking forward to seeing your mighty series one on the road Ian ;D
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

You and me both brother.