Overland travel in Australia

Started by camo388, October 22, 2015, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camo388

I have relatives in Australia and with another couple, they did an overland journey from Townsville, (Queensland) to Alice Springs, (Northern Territory), through the Simpson Desert to Birdsville and back to Townsville.
Unfortunately they did not drive Land Rovers but I thought it might be an interesting read for the arm chair traveler.
Here is the first installment of Tony and Vicky's report.

Agh this is not going as I hoped.  I'll have to sort things out.

binch

Okay....what do I use to open this thing.....? :o
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on October 23, 2015, 09:12 AM
Okay....what do I use to open this thing.....? :o

You can't.  It is a bad upload.  Bruce.  Perhaps email me the whole thing.  I can upload it to the server. 

camo388

I'll email you the report and hopefully you can upload.  My wife says it's a zip file so maybe too big??
I'm not very computer savvy.

Bruce

binch

Looks like  a great trip!   Were there suppose to be two reports there or just one....seems both are the same.

Thanks for uploading that John!!!!!!! ;)
Cheers, Bill

camo388

Quote from: binch on October 23, 2015, 04:31 PM
  Were there suppose to be two reports there or just one....seems both are the same.

Thanks for uploading that John!!!!!!! ;)

Bill your just too fussy, read the same one twice in case you miss something first time through. ;D
However don't blame me, I'm sure I sent John 2 different reports.  I'll check my Hotmail account to be sure.
Just did a quick check and I did send John part 1 and part 2. 
Who wants to be the one to tell John as he isn't having a good day, what with a missing nut, found in his engine intake hose.

Bruce

camo388

John, thank you for helping get those reports for everyone to see. 
I have to chuckle to see them dressed for the cold!  It must be DOWN to 20 C!  And chuckle some more when they have to take pictures of clouds because they haven't seen them for days.  It brings back memories of my time in Darwin.  The first few weeks in Darwin I was carrying a light jacket as I expected late afternoon thunder/rain storms, which didn't happen.  The weather was exactly the same for weeks.  I enjoy our fluctuating Alberta weather.
Tony and Vicki are now thinking about a trip around Australia as they have relatives in every state.  Unlike them, we sadly cannot circle drive Canada. 

Bruce