Low Rider disco11

Started by binch, December 29, 2017, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

The manual states that they back purge the air from the springs through the dryer when deflating.  If that is the case, it would regenerate the desiccant (you normally need >15% back purge to keep it alive).  I have not really looked at the setup to see if they actual accomplish that.  There are a couple of problems with the idea that could lead to saturated desiccant.  If there are any leaks, it would saturate.  In the cold weather, the desiccant would be too cold during back purge to dry out, but warm enough to absorb moisture due to the heat from the compressor.

If it were me, I would be pulling the desiccant and drying it out every fall.  If it is a pain to access, then I would add a remote canister, preferably in a warm area.

Trevor

One other option would to ditch the entire air bag system and stick in a set of coil springs. They are quite resistant to temperature changes :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

LOL    Trevor, I can't argue with that logic....but the comptrollers wants to keep them for now. 

One thing I did notice was the dirt that come out with the dessicant....very dusty! 

But this thread has been most productive...thanks guys!!!!!   ;)
Cheers, Bill