Water tank for a wide track Sankey.

Started by headdamage, March 02, 2016, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headdamage

I'm going to be moving to a house/cabin in May that I have to truck water to. I was wondering if anyone knows where a Sankey water bowser might be? I have a wide track Sankey.

binch

Malcalm Engleman used to have one on his property but I'm not sure he didn't haul old engine oil in it or not.  Have you thought about getting a big plastic tanks that all the acreage folks used for their water?   I think they get them from the UFA.   You can put it in the back of your sankey when you need it and take it out when you don't  ;)
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

That is what I'm looking for, the removable plastic military water tank that fits in the sankey. Just thought I'd ask before finding a ufa or other tank.

camo388

The tank Malcolm had/has is already mounted to a trailer so probably not suitable to fit into a Sankey.  Good part, he was using it for used oil so not likely to be rusted out.
The not so good thing, is the taste it would give your water. :o
There are a number of manufacturers of plastic tanks in the Edmonton area, so you can get different sizes and shapes.  I'd go that way rather than pick what ever UFA has in stock.  May be a saving by eliminating the middle man.