What are you thinking about....?

Started by binch, January 27, 2018, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

With the 2018 trip and event planning meeting coming up in a couple of weeks (Feb 15th  6:30-9 pm at Lansdowne Community hall  4915-124 st) I thought I'd see what folks have been thinking about?   

Me...I'm busy with making plans for the Alexander MacKenzie Trail trip at the end of July/beginning of August and a chainsaw clinic for the participants.  Now there's a hint of what they can expect ;-)

How about the rest of you.....What have you been thinking about?   Share your thoughts and ideas!!!     Fishing,  Trials, Trail maintenance, Tulip runs, green laning, vehicle maintenance clinics, BBQ's,  etc....  Let's hear about it!   :D
Cheers, Bill

pechanec

We may not make the planning meeting, but here's an idea we were tossing around: a one or two night camp out at our place, coupled with a day of 'wheeling in our " backyard" ( which happens to be about 300 square miles of wilderness.....)

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I will post for the Medicine Hat branch of ALRE. So far we have discussed; 

• Cypress Hills May Long Weekend.
It would be nice to see some folks from the 'Frozen North' if they have the time. If you have never experienced this area there are many historical and scenic routes that are very interesting and really worth seeing. Family camping and easy trails are the plan with an open bet on the weather!

•Crowsnest Pass Camping & Offeoading Weekend. Perhaps sometime in June? No fixed date at this time.

• Super Trialer Build....

• Possible trip to Big Fork, Montana. Taking in the 'Wild Bill/Blacktail' trails and the 'Going to the Sun' road.
I pre-ran both those routes last year and they would make for an excellent club event. If it's a go expect it to be on the September Long Weekend. Nothing firm at the moment but hope to have OOM within the next month or so. If it doesn't happen this year look for it in the 2019 calendar as I really want to make this happen.

At the next meeting I plan to suggest a Spring/Summer Family BBQ at a Medicine Hat city park on a weekend in lieu of a regular club meeting.

That's about it from the "Far East" so far.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.