SPORTS CAR CENTER

Started by roverwanabe, April 21, 2016, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverwanabe

Anybody know what their shop rate is.

binch

90 dollars an hour.  But they do GOOD work.
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I think judging a shop by its hourly rate is not correct when it comes to quality work and experience. We engage these fellows because they have expertise and skills that we do not have or have not mastered yet. They provide a solution.

For those among us who have spent $1000s of dollars on their cars can attest, the rate did not always connect or relate to the quality factor.

So, having used and continue to use this shop, it's because of the amazing solutions and talents I got out of it.

Cheers

Red90

$90 is a very low rate.

roverwanabe

Was just looking for an approx. to use for budgeting purposes.  I know they do good work, it's just  that since I had to quit work the cash flow is different and being in poor health restricts what I can do myself.

ugly_90

Yes, as expressed by others, you're best to largely forget about the hourly rate, as poor work done at a high hourly rate is very expensive. Slow work done at a low hourly is just as bad.

Being on a budget is ok, its much more effective to narrowly define the work you want done, and let the garage know your budget before the work begins. Handing over they keys and having a vehicle rebuilt is often expensive.