Eek what have I got myself into

Started by Johno753, March 12, 2018, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johno753

Well after a few issues the work carried on. Had to flip the plenum due to the heater unit I have which meant changing rocker covers around and a bracket or two. But carried on wiring today managed to get most of the sensors in and wires terminated at the relay board.

Johno753

Red90

When we did EFI on Keith's truck, we flipped the intake as well.  Gives you a 6.E displacement.   ;D

Johno753

Cool extra benefits lol it just wouldn't fit the other way

Johno753

So after some fun and games maybe a little bit of swearing too I finally got the wiring finished, the coolant pipes reworked and then make the air filter brackets work we were finally ready to turn the key ..... well it turned over nicely but didn't fire

Lots of second guessing and double checking connections still didn't want to run.
Had the vr sensor wired the wrong way, hooked up the laptop turned the key and were now running.

Solder up a few connections put the dash back together, take the harness off and wrap it put it all back together again including the radiator, fan and brackets.

Just a couple of issues to sort out now one little coolant leak to fix and the computer isn't seeing the temp sensor so it's over fuelling.now the fun begins with playing with the mega tune.

Already a Rover

Great!  Will look over previous posts with interest.  My VW friend has slowed down his efforts, so my project is similarly delayed.

5spd

looking forward to seeing, hearing, learning a bit more about this beast Johno!  was hoping to see you cruise by today...