Eek what have I got myself into

Started by Johno753, March 12, 2018, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johno753

So after buying the kit and letting it sit on the shelf while getting other bits fixed I have finally started the megasquirt install on the 110,  this was running a 3.9 on carbs. Let the games begin.

Red90

SpeedyJ

That's awesome. Make sure you keep us updated.

binch

Yes....keep us updated sir!!!!! ;D
Cheers, Bill

Johno753

So after getting the cubby box out and placing the ecu,relay board and edits it was time to start on the electrickery and start running wires. Started at the easy spot of the injectors.

binch

The wire you are using....is that like "door bell" wire?
Cheers, Bill

Johno753

All the wire so far has been 1.2mm do have some thicker ones coming up

headdamage

You could skip the wire and still get injection with a diesel ;)

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Driving TDI diesels all the time makes me miss the power and endless torque curve of the V8 in my Mighty Range Rover!
Looking forward to seeing the beast. Are you planning on an exhaust upgrade as well? I saw a V8 110 in the UK that was supercharged, megasquirt injection with a true dual exhaust system installed. It sounded fantastic!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Johno753

Once it's running it'll get a shiny new exhaust but maybe a 2 into 1 instead of dual pipes got other issues at the mo lol

Rosco

You're making me want to stick the supercharger on mine now..that would finish off the MS3 nicely

Johno753

Do it, you know you want too  :D
Then there's the NOS lol

headdamage

Lower the suspension and get some low profile tires to? ;)

Already a Rover

Exciting!  I'm heading into putting F-I into my Series 2a.  More parts ordered today.  "Should" be quite simple - using a pressure sensor to vary the speed of the pump, so no surge tank.  And an ECU which learns how to optomise settings.  I bought a TBI from a 2.0L Ford at the junkyard which bolts right on, and has a sideways intake - bonus - easy!! (plus sensors... ...not so easy).  If anyone has any experience with this, feel free to chime-in.  Ooops, that would be thread-jacking.  PM me.  Likely I'll put some updates on Guns and Rovers.

The good news is a friend is using the same set-up on his VW van, so I will be helping him, then getting it set-up on my Rover.  I think I currently have about 90 hp.  Imagine getting 'good' gas mileage too!  I think it currently gets a bit over 20mpg hwy. In the summer, on a good day.

Jim