Please Remove: Parts?

Started by xmod109, May 28, 2018, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmod109

I have a box full of parts and I don't know where they came from. I believe they are Defender but not sure.  If you need them, let me know.

northerndefender

The clutch slave looks to be from a series 2

camo388

Do you want us to guess the parts first??
The red primer rod is the arm for a fender mounted mirror.
The squarish plate above it is a side cover from 2.25 engine where the fuel pump mounts.
To pipe and bracket to the left of this plate, is to activate the parking brake.  I have that on my Series 3 but may be used on 2's or 2 A's.
The top piece is part of the brake petal box.  Likely Series.
I'm going to guess the ladder thing on the right, is part of the 24 Volt generator/ alternator mount ??

How am I doing so far??

Matt H

Wow Bruce! Good eye.

This is a great game. We should start a just for fun mystery guess the parts page? I'm not being sarcastic, it really would be fun.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

xmod109

Very good Bruce, you win them all!!!

No seriously, if anyone needs them let me know or they'll be going to the metal bin.

ugly_90

I vote Bruce or Malcom to save them from scrap steel. Either may take your donation.

camo388

You know Malcolm isn't on here so that leaves me to the rescue??

As Del says " Very good Bruce, you win them all!!!"

As a warning to anyone wanting any of the parts, the price has gone up.  Price goes by weight and for the older stuff you've got to remember LR used a gold alloy.  :o  Looking at parts today I'm sure they use a platinum alloy and a few things are expensive enough they must have diamond chips as well.  ;D