WTB 80" project - Great Success!!

Started by Lightningpower, March 21, 2017, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

Looking for a complete 80" project. Any out there? Here's hoping.
Chris

Rambler

I think most of us would like one of these.  Good luck in your search  :)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

camo388

I was going to suggest Matt in Medicine Hat, but I see that the one he was advertising is now Sold.  Matt also had a few Series 2s for sale if you are interested in something slightly newer.  Otherwise you could go to Rover-Landers forum, the BC Land Rover club, and have a look there.  Every now and again they show a Series 1 up for sale.  Then again depending on how far you want to travel to get what you want, look in Ontario or even further East.
Malcolm Engleman near Onoway may know of something.  You have to phone as he isn't on this forum.
I see this one was for sale last year, might still be available??  http://alre.club/Forum/index.php?topic=554.0
I did a quick Google for Land Rover Series1 and found these.  http://www.kijiji.ca/b-classic-cars/canada/land-rover/k0c122l0    2 sellers in BC

Good Luck  :)

Red90

I don't think Matt had an 80" and if he did and sold it, he would be crazy.  They are very hard to find.  I'm not sure they were sold in Canada. Those links are not for 80".

Lightningpower

I currently have an 86", which is great. But, I would like an 80. If I can find one. I think the ones in BC were 88's.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on March 22, 2017, 02:08 PM
I don't think Matt had an 80" and if he did and sold it, he would be crazy.  They are very hard to find.  I'm not sure they were sold in Canada. Those links are not for 80".

John, do you remember what wheel base Lambert had on the AMT????
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I'm not sure.  LRFAQ says there were around 1100 sold in the US out of 75000 world wide.

Red90

Here it is:

Looks like an 86".

binch

Yup, I think you're right.   Boy would that be a nice vehicle to just bring back with that faded patina......
Cheers, Bill

Lightningpower

What's the script on the door?

binch

I think it was "dept of indian affairs" but not quite sure
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I did have an 80" (well I still have at my place actually) but it no longer belongs to me. I traded it to Dave a couple of years ago. It's in rough shape but restorable. I doubt Dave would want to part with though.

I've sold nearly all my other Series 1's now. Just one 57 88" left and a couple of incomplete parts trucks.....and loads of Series 1 parts.

As Bruce says, I also have Series 2/2a Land Rovers and parts that are looking for new homes.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Lightningpower

Great success. Now have a rough, complete 80". Thanks to you all for your interest.

Rambler

Excellent.  We look forward to seeing it in photos and on the road someday soon!  :)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

Quote from: Lightningpower on March 26, 2017, 12:17 AM
Great success. Now have a rough, complete 80". Thanks to you all for your interest.

Any pictures of the 'new baby'?????? ;D
Cheers, Bill