109 NADA five-door

Started by ugly_90, August 10, 2015, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I note that Doug in Drayton has listed his 109 for sale. five-door, hardtop, on Kijiji without photo. Can be renovated, Bruce, Malcom and myself have seen it. Good choice for a project. $6500.

I would buy it, but too deep in other projects.

camo388

It comes with 2 engines, a 2.5 NA and a 6 cylinder Chevy.  This gives you a choice when replacing the worn LR straight 6 that Doug says parts are hard to find and expensive.
Come on Adam, move to an acreage and you'll have plenty of storage room and never be out of a LR project. ;D

ugly_90

My acreage days will be a continued sad tale of hoarding. I'd need to fly a union jack at the gate to keep the other pirates at bay. :)

Given that I can buy a quarter section here for less than a bungalow in the city, that day may come.

camo388

Quote from: ugly_90 on August 10, 2015, 09:02 PM
Given that I can buy a quarter section here for less than a bungalow in the city, that day may come.

You've got to think of it this way.  The down side is you pay about the same taxes as a similar house in town, you have to supply your own water, sewage and garbage disposal.  The up side is you get a huge back yard, (what ever the acreage size is) and no neighbours at your door step.  For me I can go out picking berries without leaving my property and enjoy the jams/ jellies year round.

Bruce

Red90

Quote from: camo388 on August 16, 2015, 11:37 AM
The down side is you pay about the same taxes as a similar house in town, you have to supply your own water, sewage and garbage disposal.

Water and sewage and garbage are not bundled the taxes.  You pay for all of those in addition to the taxes in the city.