101FC for sale, not mine

Started by Rambler, September 14, 2017, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Lightningpower

Is this likely to be one of the BATUS vehicles that is 'complicated' around registration time?

B-Red

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Wow! Not everyday you see those for sale. Glad it sold, I might have been tempted and I really shouldn't be buying more Land Rover projects.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

camo388

Quote from: Lightningpower on September 15, 2017, 08:55 AM
Is this likely to be one of the BATUS vehicles that is 'complicated' around registration time?
At first glance I'd say not, as it has a UK licence plate, not the usual military plate.  With that in mind I would hope it only requires an "Out of Province" inspection.

I'm happy it is sold as it was tempting me and I'm like Matt, I don't need to buy another Land Rover project.  It sounds like it has gone to a good home

binch

Quote from: Lightningpower on September 15, 2017, 08:55 AM

So....what are your plans for the beast?
Cheers, Bill

Lightningpower

I'd like to see it on the road. The wife is on board, so that helps. We both think it would make an excellent camper.

Lightningpower

Bill,
When it comes to the shipping container order, is it a problem to have items from the 101 club or series one club included?

binch

Quote from: Lightningpower on September 16, 2017, 11:48 PM
Bill,
When it comes to the shipping container order, is it a problem to have items from the 101 club or series one club included?

Not at all......as long as they are boxed up very well.   Send me an email when you're ready to order the parts and I'll get you the instructions.
Cheers, Bill

Lightningpower

Thanks for the link. I just found another site with manuals. These ones are free to download and there is quite a good assortment for the price!

http://www.landroverweb.com/landrover/pdf-land-rover-manuals/

lovejugs

i hope you have some deep pockets, last one of these i helped restore cost a fortune and the owner had most of the really hard parts he needed (had been saving them for the part 15 years) many of the parts are not even available now even from the club. might be worth having a chat with Yoda as hes done several now. i think hes hoping to bring his to the trials on the 30th of Sept. if hes able to get it going again. (ignition problems that have needed special parts made in the uk). be really cool to see it going again. not many of that type in this country as they were never used in batus.