My new Land Rover

Started by jeffrey, March 15, 2021, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffrey

I just bought a 1971 series 2A Australian workshop truck. It was a barn find that my niece's husband and I discovered three years ago when I was in Australia. One of his friends had died and had an old Land Cruiser Troop Carrier that we were looking at for my son in Newcastle, NSW. While rooting around the property we found this old Land Rover which was in a lean too and covered in stuff. My nieces husband bought it from the estate for a song and then has had it at his place for three years doing some work on it. He bought it for his son, but the young lad was more interested in fast cars, so that ruled out an old series Land Rover.  He planned to sell it, so I said, wait a minute I will buy it, so it is now an addition to my collection.  They were unique to the Australian army and the bodies were manufactured in Australia. This one started life as a signals vehicle, then the army converted it to a workshop truck, hence the rounded front wheel arch and the square rear arches. The chassis is pretty sweet on the truck, and just some minor rust issues that is what one would expect for a truck that is 40 years old.  Fortunately in Australia there are not the rust issues that we get in Canada.  I am leaving it with my niece's husband at present and may or may not ship it over to Canada, depending on where Lori and I choose to live in the future........ You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment.

Green Hornet 88

Hey Jeffrey,  sweet ride! Enjoy! Cheers Craig

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Hello to the both of you......

What engine does the truck have in it Jeffrey?
Cheers, Bill

jeffrey

The engine is the standard 2.25 petrol with a Zenith carb. She needs a bit of work, but is worth it as the chassis and body are in good condition. So my next project once I get the RR classic finished........