'04 Disco 2 Engine Swap....looking for ideas and options

Started by Trevor, June 20, 2017, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

This is not apples to apples, but I thought I would toss a link to this.  It is a truthful listing of the cost for this one guy to do an LS swap to his Defender.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f47/d90-ls3-6l80-conversion-104698-14.html#post1919468009
My total cost for parts is $17,000

I also sold the original 19J/LT77/230 and other parts for $1200, so out of pocket cost was:

$15,800

It was totally my labor, so no additional cost for labor. I also didn't list consumables or tools required like welding wire, gas, snap ring pliers etc., but I did add a line for miscellaneous items like fasteners, clamps, clips, etc. and I included a new fuel tank and trans cooler which all came from eBay. This includes bulk purchases like an assortment of anodized hose spring clamps and the 400 piece assorted flange bolt/nut kit. Both of these were extremely helpful, but I have a lot of extras.

Another important point. I included the total cost of new gauges and other parts not really required for the pure swap, but you can pick these out of the list below if desired.