ransomes mower

Started by mowerman, June 01, 2018, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowerman

I just  bought a ransomes mower with a Kubota v2203-d1 diesel does any one know the age of the engine and its got a 10 foot cut with both wing down.
it needs work 911  head gasket mostly   it right now has milky oil  can any one tell me where to get parts for it google sucked hind tit could not find any thing on it so not sure where to turn.
model number is xt6150   series th41024  ser # 000129 7000 hrs
any help is better then no help and Thank you for any help.

I will be at the July ruby lake trip all packed ready to go.

pechanec

For Kubota parts, Kubota is pretty good, if not the cheapest

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

ugly_90

Good mower if it was cheap. I counter the opinion that Kubota parts are cheap. It isn't a landrover engine. I spoke to the fellows at the Head Doctor in Westlock, AB some years ago. They complained about a Kubota rebuild they did where each head bolt was something like $28 each, and they need a dozen of them!

Price out your parts, maybe not too bad through Kubota. I don't think the Westlock shop will be of any parts help, but they do have the lowest machine shop labour rates I know of, and have extensive farm engine experience there. Would use them for bare blocks and heads of you have any trouble.

As to the milky oil, that's concerning, as it was in a unit you bought used. Seems further inspection is in order.

Matt H

I'm no help as far as parts are concerned but I can offer lots of grass that you can test it on once repaired. Lol  ;D

Lots and lots of grass...
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

mowerman

Matt H where abouts
Quote from: Matt H on June 02, 2018, 11:52 AM
I'm no help as far as parts are concerned but I can offer lots of grass that you can test it on once repaired. Lol  ;D

Lots and lots of grass...

Matt H

I'm way down south in Medicine Hat.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.