Event Calendar Planning session - 18 Feb, St Albert

Started by 5spd, January 30, 2017, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

5spd

Folks,

I will host a club events calendar planning session again this year.  Date set is 18 Feb, 1300 hours at my house.  We have bounced dates around a bit, and i know some of you are busy that weekend, but we'll get enough, I think.  If RSVPs are very low I'll look to move the date.   Ping me for the address and i'll send it to you.  Kids welcome (mine are 5 and 7) Let me know if you can come.  Also, let me know if you have dates you want on the calendar, especially if you can't be here, or make sure one of the usual suspects who is coming knows.

For those new to the club, the planning session gets the broad strokes of the calendar written down: who, what, when, where, why (if applicable).  We work out the details later separately.  After we do the calendar plan, I'll put it out via email, and post it on the forum.  On forum posts I will only post a scaled down version which doesn't include personal info.

If you have an idea for an event, and want to coordinate it, please identify as such.  If you have an idea, but don't want to be the event organizer, that is okay too, don't be afraid to throw the idea forward anyway.

No one expects to hit all the events in the year, so when you see it don't be overwhelmed.  just pick the ones you want to put your efforts into.

This message has gone out with my addy and phone number via email to the ALRE club list. 

Chris Scott

binch

Sorry guys, I can't make it that weekend as I'm at the Founders Day event in Chilliwack.   But I'll see if I can put something together and submit it..... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I get a new hip on the 9th and will be flying back home from Denver on the 14th. I'll be up and around but will play it by ear on whether or not I'll be by. If I don't make it I'll send Chris an email with any events/outings I come up with.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Already a Rover

I'd like to re-offer a camping/fishing trip to the Rocky Mountain House area sometime around June 7th to catch the Brown Drake hatch on the North Raven/Stauffer creek.  Last year I did not have Growler ready, so sorry to all those who got excited about the outing.  I have some land south of Rocky where people can camp. 

It was suggested we have a meet-up earlier in the Spring for people to see the location - I'm open to this, and there are lots of fishing spots around there; not sure about 4-wheeling, but certainly they are there.  If interested parties have dates they would like to go in the Spring, I'm open, and will check on here regularly.

Jim

B-Red

Quote from: Already a Rover on January 31, 2017, 02:34 PM
I'd like to re-offer a camping/fishing trip to the Rocky Mountain House area sometime around June 7th to catch the Brown Drake hatch on the North Raven/Stauffer creek. 

Jim

This sounds like a good spot for a camp and fish site.  Why don't you propose a date for it and we can add it to our event planning that way.  Do you have hiking trails around that area as well?
Emad

Trevor

Quote from: Already a Rover on January 31, 2017, 02:34 PM
I'd like to re-offer a camping/fishing trip to the Rocky Mountain House area sometime around June 7th to catch the Brown Drake hatch on the North Raven/Stauffer creek.  Last year I did not have Growler ready, so sorry to all those who got excited about the outing.  I have some land south of Rocky where people can camp. 

If you would like to peg the June 10th weekend Jim I'd certainly be interested in that trip. I've got a good friend (not a club member, but many have met him) that I'm sure would join us. And, I know several fisherman in the club that'd be all over hitting that hatch.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Already a Rover

Hi Red,

There are some real hiking trails once you get as far West as Ram Falls, and lots of day-hikes closer-by I'm sure.   

There is a separate thread for this event; organisers - put me in your calendar for that weekend and email me if you need more info. 

Jim

Gardenome

Unexpected basketball tournament. Not going to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk