June Trip to Rocky Area

Started by Already a Rover, February 28, 2016, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Already a Rover

Note the spinning-rod.  He was full of black beetles, so probably thought my black panther martin was one. 

I do eat the odd one.

Already a Rover

Hi.  With a bunch of fine weather in the forecast, I'll be heading out to Rocky mid-April or so if anybody wants to join.  Stauffer will be open before anything else, as it is spring-fed (warmer).  Usually a little cloudy, but very fishable.  Last year I caught a small black stonefly hatch and did quite well - 3 fish and a few more takes in a few hours.

Trevor

Keep me posted on what weekend you decide on Jim. I'm pretty tight on time then as I'll be doing vehicle prep for my Moab trip at the start of May and I'm not going to have a lot of extra cycles. However, if I can fit in a day trip I'd sure like to head out there for some fishing!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Already a Rover

Okay Trevor. 

It won`t be the only chance.

Already a Rover

I may go this weekend, but have a sprained calf muscle, so won't be doing much walking.  The lower sections will still be frozen over (I think), but if you are interested in a little fishin' and a tour of the property let me know.

Already a Rover

Hi.  I may be headed out to Rocky the last wknd of April.  Still c-c-c-c-old at nights. 

Jim

Trevor

Won't be able to make that weekend. I'm off to Moab the morning of the 29th for a couple weeks.
― George Orwell, 1984

Already a Rover

Will be out fishing at Cow Lake/Rocky this weekend if anyone wants to stop-by. 

Jim

Already a Rover

Hi.  Weather-permitting, this is still on.  It it is nice on the wknd of the 1st, I will be out then as well.

Jim

Already a Rover

The forecast is for some rain the first week in June, but I should be out there the 6th through the weekend.

Trevor

ok. I'm keeping an eye on the forecasts as well. I'd like to get out there if I can, but likely will not make the run if its really wet.
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

If you make it out let me know how you did?  I'm watching from afar  ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

My Rainbow trout fishing has improved this season. Got my limit couple of weeks ago at Beaumont Pond. So, planning on more fishing this summer.
PS: I am going to PEI for two weeks. I may venture after the Blue Fin Tuna if I can scrub some mola together for an ocean fishing excursion. Otherwise, I will cast from the shore and hope for best.

Cheers

binch

meet half way and go jigging for makre ;Dl or cod
Cheers, Bill