2006 LR3 $5000.

Started by Matt H, September 14, 2016, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Selling our 2006 LR3 HSE 4.4L Jag V8, seven seater. For spares or repair. 315,000km, loaded, nice interior and body. Lots of off road extras.

Let's get the bad over with first.

It's got just over 315,000km.
It was involved in an accident about a year ago that required new lights ($2600 each) and new ARB bumper.
The AC doesn't work, needs a new compressor.
Rear HVAC unit not working. It's needs a new module.
Service engine light is on.
The thermostat housing needs replacing (weeping, common problem with the Jag 4.4L V8. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Land-Rover-Thermostat-Assembly/dp/B00Y0Y4LY8)
Sat Nav doesn't work. Needs a new module. But to be honest it's completely rubbish anyway  The off road info does still work though. 
Had a quote from TRS to fix "everything" including labour for $6K. I could repair it myself but don't have the time (or inclination) to do so any more.

The good stuff.

Mostly HWY KM. Runs well, shifts well.
Block heater and cord (not OEM standard even though it should be on a $87,000 car).
Regular maintenance, filters etc.
Brand new ($700) front driveshaft.
Polly bushes all round ( kinda gives a harder ride that my wife doesn't like but wear much better).
Old Man Emu +2" lift coils, new struts and Atlantic British coil conversion system that retains the terrain response features of the unit.
G4 Head light and tail light protectors.
Genuine Land Rover roof rack.
Genuine Land Rover towing wiring harness and hitch adaptor.
Heavy duty 'Urban Rovers' rock sliders with side rub rails.
X5 Touren black five spoke 18" wheels with Toyo AT2 tyres (spare has never been used).
ARB front winch bumper.
Warn 9,000lb winch.

If you can live without AC and Sat Nav with just the thermostat housing repaired this unit would make a great family wheeler or second car but seeing as it's my wife's main car and she needs something to travel to Calgary and back it no longer fits the bill.

Offering for sale to the club members first if anyone wants to repair it or use it for the aftermarket parts/spare OEM parts for your own LR3. At $5000 there is a lot of value here. Rather sell it as a whole rather than part it out.

Cheers
Matt.

If no interest after a week or so I'll put it up on Kijiji.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Matt H

Don't know why all my pictures are sideways? Sorry.

Red90

Fixed.  Basically....  You hold your phone sideways and it takes the picture sideways.  The phone is smart...and displays it right side up.  Zee computer not so smrt.

Matt H

Matt H

Ordered the parts required to repair the coolant leak. I will sell it with the leak repaired. Aftermarket items (other than suspension) will be removed and sold separately. Then I will be selling the stock unit for a reduced amount.

Matt H

Ella the LR3 has been sold......to me.
I've decided to fix it and keep it for my kids to drive.

Bumper and rock sliders will still be removed and offered for sale at a later date though.